Audio By Carbonatix
Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis issued an apology to the club's supporters after the Capital One Cup defeat by Bradford.
Gazidis addressed fans groups at a meeting on Wednesday night - which had been arranged before the shock 3-2 penalty shoot-out exit 24 hours earlier at Valley Parade.
"I think I am frankly tired of getting up here and delivering the same message," said Gazidis. "Tuesday night was not good enough and it made us all upset and angry.
Bradford 1-1 Arsenal
"I would like to apologise to all of you, especially the fans who travelled up there. It was unbelievable support as ever and you deserved better.
"That is something we will work hard to put right. We all work here and are desperate to deliver the success and trophies we all want."
Meanwhile, the Arsenal Supporters' Trust claim under-fire manager Arsene Wenger will be given money to spend in the January transfer window.
"There is plenty of money there," said an AST spokesman. "That was the message that Ivan and his finance director were giving this evening."
But Gazidis maintains Arsenal are not about to just buy their way to success - and claims the fans would not have it any different.
"If you do any analysis of performance against spending over the past 15 years, Arsenal is the one club which has outperformed its spend every single year over that period."
Ivan Gazidis
"If you do any analysis of performance against spending over the past 15 years, Arsenal is the one club which has outperformed its spend every single year over that period," Gazidis said.
"That does not happen by accident; it happens because we have an outstanding manager who is an outstanding judge of talent and very experienced in how to manage a team.
"There are some real fundamentals at this club which I think our fans believe in - we stand on our own two feet and take pride in our achievements.
"We are not reliant on anyone else for success. That is the model our fans believe in, and for good reason."
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Luv FM High School Debate: KNUST, St. Louis strike gold as quarter-finals dreams come alive
20 minutes -
Banks’ pre-tax profit jumps 40% to GH¢23bn
20 minutes -
Luv FM High School Debate: Anticipation builds as schools battle for supremacy in Round of 16
46 minutes -
Banking sector deposits jump 25% to GH¢334.3bn in 2025 — PwC
1 hour -
Hostel Owners Association bares teeth over legality of rent control campaign against exorbitant fees
1 hour -
GCB overtakes Ecobank as Ghana’s largest deposit-taking bank
1 hour -
Young Cocoa Farmers petition Mahama over funding, producer price and start date for new cocoa season
1 hour -
Ruha Benjamin challenges Africa to shape its own AI future
1 hour -
Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran deal
2 hours -
FIFA sacks senior executive who criticised Infantino, Sky News understands
2 hours -
Aksa saga: Don’t turn EOCO-OSP roles into turf war – Deputy AG
2 hours -
Abandoned Dome-Berekuso-Kitase road project should not become a waste of taxpayers’ money — chief warns
2 hours -
University of Gold Coast graduates urged to prove themselves beyond certificates
2 hours -
GoldBod sets new X-Ray Fluorescence standard for gold purity testing from September 1
2 hours -
Why EOCO, not OSP, is leading AKSA bribery probe – Deputy AG explains
2 hours