Audio By Carbonatix
AC Milan midfielder Sulley Muntari is on his way out of the Italian giants after being left out of the squad for Saturday's Serie A match away to Palermo.
The interesting detail is that this decision was taken at the Ghanaian's own request, according to his agent.
Federico Pastorello said on Friday on Twitter: "(Muntari) has asked not to be picked, given that he is not in the club's plans for next season."
"Milan have given the okay."
The experienced player is in his third season at Milan and has one more year to run on his contract. But criticism of his showings have grown, coming to a head after he captained the team against Juventus in early February.
Since then, Sulley has been benched for four of the five games for which he has been available.
It's not looking rosier at the national team level either, with the 30-year-old on indefinite suspension from the Black Stars since July's fiasco at the World Cup in Brazil.
-
Follow Gary on Twitter: @garyalsmith
Latest Stories
-
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
10 minutes -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
11 minutes -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
19 minutes -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
20 minutes -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
32 minutes -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
34 minutes -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
46 minutes -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
54 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
55 minutes -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
55 minutes -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
57 minutes -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
1 hour -
Mahama rules out IMF ‘kenkey and waakye parties’, takes swipe at erstwhile Akufo-Addo gov’t
1 hour -
Mahama says Ghana’s economy still needs major reforms despite IMF progress
1 hour -
Ghana Card is a critical national asset – Interior Minister
1 hour