Audio By Carbonatix
Former IBF bantamweight champion Joseph Agbeko has been handed a crucial rematch against Columbian Yohnny Perez on November 6, 2010.
The Ghanaian lost the title late last year after a unanimous decision- a bout Agbeko admitted was tough.
He has the opportunity for a revenge against the Columbian who has 20 wins and a draw.
Yohny Perez defeated Abner Mares earlier this year, in his first title defense.
Agbeko with a fight record of 27 wins and two defeats is excited about the prospects of a much awaited revenge.
“I have a long time to prepare for this fight which I know very well that if I am fit there is no way Yohny Perez will defeat me,” he told Joy FM’s Nathaniel Attoh.
He said he is more than happy for a rematch to prove his worth and will be heading to his training base in the US to begin preparation for the bout.
Source: Myjoyonline.com/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
BoG pushes for integrated African payment systems to boost trade — Dr Asiama
15 minutes -
Two people shot in encounter with Secret Service near the White House
45 minutes -
Red Cross volunteers die from suspected Ebola in DR Congo
57 minutes -
US Secret Service investigates reports of shots near White House
1 hour -
ECG injects GH¢3m into power upgrades across 40 Accra communities
1 hour -
‘Owadiah’ makes history: William Opare becomes first Ghanaian to break 45 seconds in 400m
1 hour -
Scottish woman ‘was on a mission’ to find out who her Ghanaian husband was. Then she died
1 hour -
Four Ada SHS students arrested after viral cutlass threat video sparks alarm
1 hour -
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
2 hours -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
3 hours -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
3 hours -
GN Savings and Loans: Ndoum thanks Mahama after Court of Appeal victory
3 hours -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
3 hours -
GN Savings and Loan’s victory is a court decision, not government’s promise – Ndoum’s lawyer
3 hours -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
4 hours