It’s been weeks and months of planning and deliberations ahead of one of the most iconic showbiz events to happen this year – the Showbiz Roundtable.
Showbiz Roundtable is powered by Joy Entertainment and comes off tomorrow, October 29 at the Labadi beach Hotel. The thought-leadership forum, themed ‘Music Business and Tourism’, aims at delving deep into, and moving conversations from simply identifying some of the industry’s woes, to sharing ideas and insights that are critical to the growth and progress of the creative industry.
Showbiz Roundtable will breakdown the dynamics of contracts, artistes PR, revenue, royalties, global hits, tourism, culture, GDP, and many more. It will also employ knowledge of its experienced resource persons on other pertinent progressive issues within the entertainment industry.
The forum which looks forward to hosting some of the industry’s stakeholders- musicians, producers, event managers, among others, has recruited seasoned professionals for the thought-leadership forum. Its keynote speakers include prolific playwright James ‘Uncle Ebo’ Whyte, president of GHAMRO Rex Omar and legendary music producer Hammer of the Last Two.
Showbiz Roundtable will have some of creative arts’ finest minds as speakers; CEO of Pidgen Music, Panji Anoff, serial entrepreneur and media practitioner, Ruddy Kwakye, and former CEO of 3 Music Networks Sadiq Abdulai Abu. Also on the list are accomplished musicians Stonebwoy, who recently signed a global deal with international label Defjam Recordings, as well as Trigmatic whose repertoire spans across good music, culture representation and tourism.
The forum will be hosted by Joy FM’s George Quaye, who doubles as host of Showbiz A-Z, Ghana’s most authoritative entertainment talk show. Joy Entertainment continues to champion the conversations on the creative arts sector, and through Showbiz Roundtable, we will look into various aspects of Ghana’s showbiz and tourism industry for national progress.
Showbiz Roundtable will be broadcast live from the Labadi Beach Hotel on Joy FM, Joy Prime TV, and stream on all Joy Entertainment social media handles.
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- School placement for sale exposé: Culprits will be dealt with – Education Minister
- Dancers are footsoldiers of Afrobeats, their impact is huge – DWP Dance Academy US manager
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- Ahuofe Patri loses mother
- Don’t stop attending church because of my broken marriage – Osofo Kyiri Abosom tells congregation
- Managers of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall arrested for tax violations
- Let’s not abandon ‘Azonto’ genre in music – DWP Dance Academy US manager
- There is no coming back from this – Husband of Yellow Sisi Waakye seller
- Kwabena Kwabena celebrates Agya Koo Nimo on 92nd birthday
- Modernisation and harmonisation of regulatory frameworks critical for universal broadband coverage by 2030 – MTN Group CEO
- Exposé on school placement: Education Minister and I should take full responsibility – Prof. Opoku Amankwah
- $350k STEM project inaugurated in Accra
- Alan is a servant leader – Rev Ampiah-Kwofi
- Economic activity moderates; but business, consumer confidence improves – BoG Governor
- Assist police to bring perpetrators to book – MP appeals to Krofrom residents