Audio By Carbonatix
Some unidentified men who allegedly kidnapped a teenager on Friday in Ho later abandoned him when an unidentified voice told the perpetrators that they rather needed a girl.
The victim, (name withheld), narrated from his hospital bed that some unidentified kidnappers took him hostage outside their gated house around Area 52, when he stepped out to find a place urinate.
He said he remembered a hand blindfolding him, and later on, a voice saying a female was preferred over a male, while he had been kept in a sack with hands and face tied with ropes, in an unknown environment.
Father of the 14-year-old teenager, Selorm Awadi said his son was picked by the men, who managed to conceal the victim in a white sack.
However, he was found abandoned in the area, where he was earlier kidnapped.
He told the GNA that his son had returned from buying bread for the household before 0900 hours, however, shortly after that errand he could not be traced.
Later on, word went round that a boy was abandoned in a sack around the popular Mirage pub area, in Ho.
Mr Awadi said he thought such an incident was far away from him, so he never worried, until he was confronted with the reality.
Mr Prosper Kofi Pi-Bansah, Ho Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), who conveyed the victim to the Municipal Hospital for medical attention, said this could be a clear case of a ritual operation gone good for the victim and bad for the kidnappers, while confirming the incident to the GNA.
The MCE appealed to parents and guardians to be watchful over their children, especially teenagers, to keep them from danger at all times.
Meanwhile, hospital sources said the condition of the victim was stabilised after receiving treatment.
The Municipal Police Command has begun investigations into the alleged kidnapping episode.
Latest Stories
-
Photos: Vice President commissions 100 new Metro Mass Transit buses
5 minutes -
GNFS rescues seven trapped in crash at Peki-Tsiame
11 minutes -
GNFS rescues trapped driver after cargo truck overturns at Fante New Town
17 minutes -
Photos from JoyNews National Dialogue on youth and climate change
32 minutes -
Woman accused of threatening President Mahama granted GH¢1 million bail
40 minutes -
One dead, 4 injured in articulated truck collision at Assin Nsuta
49 minutes -
To Nationalise or Transform? Joy Business Hosts Roundtable on Ghana’s Extractive Future
53 minutes -
NACOC partners UPSA-RCC to train enumerators for baseline study on substance use among youth
59 minutes -
Kay Codjoe Writes: The dangerous romance between inciteful extremism and “free speech”
1 hour -
From Ghana to Canada: The rising influence of Ghanaian scholars opening global doors for students
1 hour -
Gender Ministry backs Black Maidens ahead of crucial World Cup qualifiers
1 hour -
Many are called, but hostel fees have chosen few
1 hour -
8 suspects arrested in killing of queen mother at Atebubu
2 hours -
RaĂşl Castro indictment threatens to ignite war between US and CubaÂ
2 hours -
2026 Africa Bitcoin Day marked in Accra
2 hours