Black Stars legend Asamoah Gyan is delighted with his return to the Ghana Premier League after signing for Legon Cities.
Gyan has joined the Accra-based club on a free transfer, confirming his return to the league, 17 years after leaving Liberty Professionals.
The 34-year-old swerved his dream club, Asante Kotoko, to sign for Legon Cities. Kotoko were interested but could not meet the financial demands of the striker.
According to his business manager and local gent, Samuel Anim Addo, Gyan will earn more than $1 million at Legon Cities.
“Here we go. I’m back home to continue my career with Legon Cities,” Gyan wrote on Twitter.
“I’m happy to join this club because they have a future plan for Ghana football. Don’t blink when the season starts. Follow my new club for every detail of the club. Thanks for your support.”
Gyan scored 10 goals in 16 games before he left Liberty in 2003. Since then, he has scored 168 goals for nine clubs.
He is currently Ghana’s all-time top scorer with 51 goals and has scored more goals (6) than any African in the history of the World Cup.
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group
- Concerned UG Students embark on ‘Ya Br3 Mo’ Demo
- Government’s arrogant posturing to blame for challenges with implementation of DDEP – Alhassan Suhuyini
- My account on Bawku killings based on eye witness report – Ayariga
- Bawku killings: Families of deceased must be duly compensated – Ayariga
- US FDA says India-made eye drop linked to some infections, blindness and one death
- Murder case involving Ghanaian resident in Canada adjourned to February 16
- Court quashes suspension of Kuapa Kokoo President after months of litigation
- I don’t want the President’s hand in investigating Bawku killings – Ayariga
- The Catholic pilgrims who walked 9 days to see Pope Francis
- Ghana Gas signs US$700m deal for second gas processing plant
- Treasure Kids Newspaper relaunched to encourage reading
- Stonebwoy releases brand new single “More Of You”
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses revised DDE, CPI 2022 report and CSSPS expose
- More than 40 killed in Nigeria as gunmen and vigilantes clash
- Diana Hamilton settles bills of patients at KATH
- 3 die in motorbike accident at Yaw Bronya, Ashanti Region