Black Stars skipper Asamoah Gyan has frowned at reports in the local media, suggesting Andre Ayew’s admiration for captaincy has sparked a bitter quarrel between the two senior players in the team.
Gyan insist he has a warm and friendly relationship with the assistant skipper of the senior national team Andre Ayew and also squash reports there is munity in the Black Stars.
But the on-loan Al Ain star has warned that the false speculations is very likely to bring a feud between the two great friends who are working hard together.
‘’I don’t have a problem with Andre. He has been my friend way back, since he joined the national team, I have been his inspiration,’’ Gyan told Joy FM
‘’Sometimes people try to bring this rivalry between two Stars in the team. We have seen this before in the olden days but I always try to keep things real, I don’t have any problem with Ayew,’’
‘’He’s a great guy, a fighter on the field and plays with his Heart.’’
‘’My advice to people is to stop putting this rivalry between two players who are good to each other. People should stop because when they do that, It brings conflict to the team which there is unity and will not help the team’’ He added.
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- King Charles III: New coins featuring monarch’s portrait unveiled
- Africa’s biotechnology heroes celebrated on OFAB Day
- Queen Elizabeth II died of “old age” – Death certificate reveals
- Uganda gives green light to organ transplants
- Peace deal’ signed by Nigerian presidential rivals
- Mozambique police urges ‘knives and machetes’ war on jihadists
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 3 more people
- From Eric’s Diary: Why the deadline for SIM re-registration will be extended
- Cedi depreciation may force marginal increase in price of petrol, LPG from October 1, 2022
- Today’s front pages: Friday, September 30, 2022
- West African leaders in Mali over detained Ivorians
- NCA, AG dragged to court over directives on SIM re-registration
- Adidas row: Morocco demands change to Algerian jersey design
- Linguistics Association of Ghana explores ways to make language socially relevant
- Ghana’s export to Burkina Faso increased to $276million in 2021