Audio By Carbonatix
Mario Balotelli's agent has said the teenage striker is "anxious" to complete his protracted move to Manchester City after the deal hit an impasse.
The Internazionale forward has long been linked with a move to City and all parties had been hopeful of completing a deal this week.
However, Balotelli's agent, Mino Raiola, flew back to Italy from Manchester on Thursday night and admitted they are still far from coming to a deal.
"As long as there's hope there's life," Raiola told Sky Italia. "He's calm but anxious to come to an agreement, that's normal for a lad of 19. We're working and we're hoping."
Reports in Italy indicate that the sticking point is the 19-year-old's wage demands, with City unwilling to pay him the £60,000-a-week he has requested.
Mancini is keen to be reunited with Balotelli, who he snapped up as Inter coach in 2006, but has insisted they will not pay inflated salaries to anybody.
Inter have repeatedly said they will not sell the Italy Under-21 international for less than 35million euros (just over £29million).
Source: PA Sport
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
US Secret Service investigates reports of shots near White House
3 minutes -
ECG injects GH¢3m into power upgrades across 40 Accra communities
11 minutes -
‘Owadiah’ makes history: William Opare becomes first Ghanaian to break 45 seconds in 400m
18 minutes -
Four Ada SHS students arrested after viral cutlass threat video sparks alarm
19 minutes -
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
1 hour -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
2 hours -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
2 hours -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
2 hours -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
3 hours -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
3 hours -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
3 hours -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
3 hours -
Nestlé Ghana, ECOM Ghana hand over 6-unit classroom block to Adarkwa Methodist Primary School
3 hours -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
3 hours -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
3 hours