The Chief Executive Officer of Bayport Savings and Loans Ghana Plc, Mr Akwasi Aboagye, has been honoured with the Leadership Excellence Award (Savings and Loans Category) at the 7th Ghana CEO Summit held recently in Accra.
The CEO Excellence Awards identifies, highlights and celebrates the achievements of outstanding chief executives and businesses in terms of leveraging innovation and contributing meaningfully to the growth of the Ghanaian economy.
Mr. Aboagye was recognized for his prudent and innovative leadership approach that underpins the sustained growth of Bayport Savings and Loans. Mr. Aboagye’s leadership has transformed the company into a high-performing digital deduction-at-source lender, and a credible and trusted financial institution in the savings and loans sub-sector that is often under heightened scrutiny.
In April this year, he successfully supervised the floating of GH¢50m bond on the domestic debt market, an oversubscribed transaction that renewed confidence in the bond market at a time that the twin crisis of Covid-19 and Ukraine-Russia war had dampened investor confidence and general market activity.
It was the first tranche in a series of notes under the company’s newly established GH¢500m medium-term notes and bonds programme.
Commenting on his recognition, Mr Aboagye commended the management and staff of Bayport Savings and Loans for the hard work, consistency and commitment that have cemented the company’s positive reputation. “I’m very grateful for this recognition; it will inspire myself and the team at Bayport to do more to better the lives of our customers and their communities in which we serve through our operations and actions,” he said.
Around the theme, Economic Sovereignty, Sustainable Corporate Governance and Digital Industrial Transformation: New Paths for Growth and Prosperity. A Private-Public Sector CEO Dialogue and Learning, more than 500 top CEOs and dignitaries from across Africa gathered at the 2023 Ghana CEO Summit to discuss ways to advance and sustain the nation’s socioeconomic growth.
- Ghanaians among dozens sentenced for their roles in Atlanta-based $30m fraud and money laundering operation
- Energy sector debt major contributor of Ghana’s debt unsustainability – World Bank Rep
- Ghana beat Nigeria in final to win inaugural WAFU B U-20 Girls’ Cup
- Former DCE for Nkwanta South laid to rest
- Let us commemorate June 4 Uprising with utmost respect and gratitude – Mahama
- Utah primary schools ban Bible for ‘vulgarity and violence’
- NPP flagbearer race: It will be difficult asking aspirants to sacrifice for another – Joseph Kpemka
- Labour unions request time to mull $2.7bn pension fund restructuring offer
- Ghanaians must speak up against corruption – MFWA
- Woman, 55, killed by hit-and-run driver on Asukawkaw-Dambai highway
- CEM Ability Village: Transforming lives of PWDs through a strategic and long-term solution
- Parents clash in Pride protest at US primary school
- Gender Ministry collaborates with DVLA to provide licenses for persons with disability
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- Voltaian Basin Project is the hope of Nothern region and future of Ghana says Yaa Naa
- Civil Service honours Matthew Opoku Prempeh for his ‘outstanding leadership’
- NPA impounds 181,000 litres of crude oil and diesel in Western Region
- School Feeding Programme: Caterers’ arrears from third term of 2022 academic year to be paid next week – Gender Minister
- Government’s initiatives towards youth development ineffective – Dr Zanetor Rawlings
- Theresa Poku of OHU Farms celebrated at Women Icons event in Koforidua
- Messages with a sense of urgency for you to act often a scam – Fraud investigation specialist
- Daboya unrest: 49 suspects granted bail, others to appear in court on Monday
- ECOWAS Court awards 50m CFA against Burkina Faso for unlawful retirement of civil servant
- Playback: The Law discuss tips to avoid falling victim to cyber scams