Police in Berekum say they cannot provide security at the Golden City Park for the new Ghana Premier League season due to the irate behaviour of fans of home team Arsenals.
The Golden City ground as been an intimidated venue for many teams in the top flight with fans and officials of visiting teams being subjected to harsh treatments.
ACP Gyinaye confirmed to an Accra-based radio station Asempa FM the police will withdraw their service.
“From last season when the other ACP was around, there were reports about the behaviour of fans at the stadium. We talked to the club to talk to their supporters but nothing has changed since then and we are not happy about this.
“We think they are not making our job smooth so we are calling time on our work at the stadium until further notice.”
However, management of Arsenals have rubbished the claims and described it as untrue.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- ‘You’ll see, more is coming from my boy’ – Andre Ayew on Kudus’ future
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- Sack Ashanti Region NSS boss; he is unfit to be director in public service – GRNMA tells government
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti NSS boss at Manhyia Hospital under care of psychologist – GRNMA
- Sustainable energy expert of Ghanaian descent appointed to US President’s Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- Node Eight leads digital revolution agenda in the Volta Region
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Royal Choice Academy wins Jan Binder green and sanitation contest for basic schools
- Wenchi High Court throws out petition against NPP MP’s 2020 election victory
- Ghana will go down the drain should 2023 budget be delayed – Deputy Finance Minister warns
- Peace Council moves to address allegations of ethnic identity-based discrimination, marginalization by Ewes
- Is it unrealistic to expect that my spouse’s life revolves around me?
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Pork prices up by 40% in three months
- 2022 World Cup: Ghana will not be seeking revenge against Uruguay – Otto Addo
- Increasing VAT rate was a lazy approach to burden faithful few – Bokpin
- ACCE charges new inductees to exude professionalism
- Afrobarometer receives major boost with $6m grant from Sweden