The Bia District Assembly on Tuesday voted overwhelmingly to confirm Mr. Kwabena Tweneboa Kodua as the District Chief Executive.
All the 56 members of the assembly voted in favour of Mr. Kodua, a 51-year-old business executive.
Speaking at the function, Nana Dadzie, a member of the Council of State, urged Mr. Kodua to use his new position to serve the people and not to lord it over them.
He said the new DCE not to allow partisan politics to get the better part of him as this could affect the development of the district.
Mr Paul Evans Aidoo, the Western Regional Minister, told Mr Kodua to be on guard against “Pull Him Down” syndrome aimed at people in authority and appealed to the members of the assembly to advise the DCE when necessary instead of writing to authorities about his conduct.
Mr. Kodua thanked the assembly and promised to give off his best.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Auctioning of vehicles at Tema Port to go online by end of October, 2022- GRA
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- Morocco issues first cannabis production permits
- Ukraine’s uphill battle to gain Africa’s support
- Victims of human trafficking need adequate information on the issue – Media consultant
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable -Dr. Acheampong
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Scientists, policy makers to benefit from KNUST’s Building Stronger Universities project
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line in the sea for 9 years
- We are determined to build trustworthy and robust institutions – Chief Justice assures
- B. A. Mensah: Ghanaians are about to get a break from the fuel crisis
- Playback: PM Express discusses Ghana’s unsustainable debt levels and impact on IMF negotiations
- I will deal with government officials found complicit in galamsey activities – Akufo-Addo
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu, Bessa Simons, Spiky, others confirmed as speakers for 2022 Ghana DJ Clinic
- Nigerian singer Asa threatens Joeboy with copyright lawsuit, demands ₦300m
- In pictures: Fate of Mallam-Gbawe municipality flood victims hangs in the balance as water level remains high