Ghanaians will be afforded the first hand opportunity to savour the Black Stars since their return from the World Cup in South Africa, when they take on their musician counterparts at the El-Wak Stadium in Accra on Sunday.
The World Cup quarter-finalists led by skipper Stephen Appiah are expected to battle the musicians in their annual charity match aimed at raising funds for the less-privileged in the society.
Organisers of the event have also confirmed the participation of Manchester City star and Togolese international, Emmanuel Adebayor, who will play as guest for the musicians.
The Manchester City. striker will play alongside hip-lifers Samini, Tic Tac, Wutah, Tinny, Kwabena Kwabena, Tuga, Chemphe, Obrafour, Praye, King David, Lord Kenya, K.K. Fosu, Kwasi Pee among many others.
And at the other end of the pitch will see Stephen Appiah, Andre Dede Ayew, lead striker Asamoah Gyan, Sulley Ali Muntari, Laryea Kingston, Kwadwo Asamoah, Samuel Inkoom, Isaac Vorsah, Jonathan Mensah, John Paintsil and goalkeeper Daniel Agyei.
The organisers have also hinted that the Asamoah Gyan and rap sensational, Castro, will launch their new album on the day.
Gates open at 11:00 a.m. for a photo opportunity with all the celebrities before kick-off at 3 p.m.
Source: Daily Graphic
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Daniel Mminele steps down as Absa Group Chief Executive
- Akufo-Addo’s cousin at Noguchi cited for conflict of interest in Frontiers Healthcare contract
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
How farmers in Upper East are adopting Agroecology farming methods
SSNIT sets records straight on Weija lands ownership
Queen Elizabeth suffers another loss
Kasoa Murder: Court orders police to ascertain suspect’s age
An unregulated media space, a danger to media freedom – Media Foundation for West Africa
Akufo-Addo’s cousin at Noguchi cited for conflict of interest in Frontiers Healthcare contract
Unemployed jailed 10 years for defilement
University of Energy and Natural Resources to pilot e-motorcycles with solar energy
Fire destroys over 20 containers at Mankessim market
Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
Court orders arrest of four for failing to appear before it
Kojo Adaah: Policy measures for sustainable job creation in Ghana
European Super League: All six Premier League teams withdraw from competition
Events Vendors Association executives call on Tourism Minister