Bobby Brown Jr., the son of singer Bobby Brown, was found dead in his Los Angeles home on Wednesday, authorities confirmed to CNN.
Brown Jr., the half-brother of Bobbi Kristina Brown who died in 2015, was 28.
Officers with the Los Angeles Police Department responded to a call for a medical emergency on Wednesday around 1:50 p.m., spokesman Jeff Lee confirmed to CNN.
Brown Jr. was pronounced dead at the scene.No foul play is suspected, Lee added.
Brown Jr. was “not feeling well a couple of days before his death” and had experienced flu-like symptoms, according to a statement from Bobby Brown’s attorney.
“Please keep my family in your prayers at this time,” Brown said in a statement. “Losing my son at this point in our lives has devastated my family. There are no words to explain the pain.”
Years of loss and grief
The Brown family has suffered several losses in recent years.Whitney Houston, the singer who was married to Brown senior until 2007, died February 11, 2012, after accidentally drowning in a bathtub, a coroner ruled.
Heart disease and cocaine were named as contributing factors. Three years later, Houston and Brown’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was found unresponsive and not breathing in the bathtub at her Roswell, Georgia home.
She was treated in a hospital and then a hospice facility for nearly six months until her death in July 2015.
An autopsy showed that drug intoxication and immersion led to pneumonia and brain damage that killed the 22-year-old.
Brown senior wanted his daughter’s boyfriend, Nick Gordon, held accountable for her death.
Gordon was taken in by Houston as a child and developed a relationship with Bobbi Kristina Brown when she was a teenager and he in his 20’s.
Gordon was found liable in a civil case for her death. In January 2020, Gordon died as a result of heroin toxicity, according to a toxicity report.
“He worked hard to hold his head up and stay sober and … he genuinely wanted a happy healthy life with his family more than anything else,” Gordon’s attorney, Joe Habachy, said.
“My heart goes out to the family and friends Nick leaves behind and to any other families dealing with the losses and heartache caused by drugs.”
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
- I was traumatised by police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience
Government charged to mobilize domestic resources to deal with rising debt situation
Livestream: Government addresses nation on Covid-19 vaccination Phase II
DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
Ghanaian-German Centre for Job launches ‘Ghana Job Fair’ to tackle youth unemployment
Teenage pregnancy surge as Upper East Region records 6,533 cases
We must protect each other against covid-19 – Imperial General Assurance MD
MUSIGA to set up new Election Committee – Ras Caleb
DSP Azugu being at post is a dereliction of duty on IGP’s part – Agalga
How to know when it’s time to end a toxic friendship
Assault on Citi FM journalist: NMC writes to National Security Ministry for update on investigations
India unlikely to resume sizable Covid-19 vaccine exports until October
Lands Minister, Abu Jinapor embarks on aerial tour of River Pra
Hospital consultation made easy using Bisa App
Tamale police arrest 3 suspected kidnappers
GOtv launches M-Net Movies Pop-up channel to celebrate African film