R&B singer Bobby Brown is demanding a criminal investigation after the cause of his son’s death was revealed.
In a March 23 statement, Bobby Brown said, “My family continues to mourn my son’s death. This epidemic is out of control and those supplying this lethal drug should be held responsible for the death and destruction that it causes.”
Brown Jr.’s mother Kim Ward also added, “My son is gone and those who contributed to his senseless death should be held accountable.”
According to NBC News, an autopsy report released by the Los Angeles County Coroner said Bobby Brown Jr who was found deceased on November 18 at only 28 years old, died due to combined effects of alcohol, cocaine and fentanyl.
The report also stated “no drugs or drug paraphernalia” were found at the scene, however, TMZ exclusively reports the “drug-related death raised a lot of red flags with the police.”
The LAPD reportedly opened a criminal investigation “that’s now in the hands of prosecutors.”
Sources told TMZ the LAPD “quickly caught on to the drugs after talking to people Bobby was around shortly before his body was found.”
The case is allegedly with L.A. County D.A.’s Office but no arrests have been made as of yet.
The 28-year-old was the half brother of Bobbi Kristina Brown, 22, who died five years ago after she was found unresponsive and not breathing in a bathtub at her Roswell, Georgia home. After being treated in a hospital and later put on life support for nearly six months, Bobbi Kristina died in July 2015. An autopsy showed her cause of death to be drug intoxication and immersion, which led to pneumonia and brain damage.
Brown Jr. is one of Bobby’s seven children and is the son of Kim Ward, who Bobby Brown Sr. reportedly dated before he got engaged to singer Whitney Houston. The couple wed in 1992 until 2007. Houston died in 2012 after an accidental drowning in a bathtub, a coroner ruled heart disease and cocaine as contributing factors.
According to Deadline.com, Bobby Brown Jr. was 13 when he appeared on the family’s 2005 Bravo reality show, Being Bobby Brown.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
UEW Signs MoU with T-TEL to reform Educational Sector
Central Regional House of Chiefs vow to be more development-oriented
New Kejetia Market closed down after Tuesday’s fire
Message from the Morning Man: Albert and the Bees
Asantehene to open Regional Consultative Dialogue on Small-Scale Mining on May 12
Taskforce will curb illegal chainsaw operations – Municipal Director says
Some 155 million people suffer from hunger in 2020 – UN
Students graduate without acquiring the requisite skills needed for the job market – Skills Development expert
Use campaign billboards to educate Ghanaians on road safety – Chiefs urge
GAF are engaged in the decommissioning and demobilizing of equipment used for illegal mining – Abu Jinapor
Kumasi Mayor commends Fire Service for swift response to New Kejetia Market fire
Francis Addai-Nimoh: #FixTheCountry – Drawing the lines of responsibilities
No regional and district Eidul Fitr prayers, security agents to ensure compliance
Unemployed man jailed 11 years for stealing
Azamati’s development as top athlete is fastest in my 11 years – West Texas track coach