Total market turnover on the bond market increased by 150.30% to ¢1.17 billion during the week under review as more bond transfers were recorded.
The bond transfers are said to be in preparation for the Domestic Debt Exchange programme.
Fund managers in recent times have been moving funds from one account to another as investors consider the Domestic Debt Exchange programme.
According to market data, bond market activity was mainly concentrated in the lower yield curve with a trade concentration of 41%.
August 27, 2022, November 26, 2022 and January 3, 2023, saw more activity with total volumes of ¢112.32 million, ¢255.35 million and ¢191.75 million respectively.
Analysts believe the secondary market will remain quiet as investors decide on participating in the domestic debt exchange.
Corporate bonds will, however, continue to attract demand, but with very little selling interest and continued demand for Treasury bills.
Meanwhile, a 3-year at a yield of 28.50% will mature in March 2023.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- Ghana Chamber of Mines censures Golden Star attacks, worried over upsurge of violence against mines
- Ex-President Kufuor urges his scholars to exhibit high levels of integrity
- Boris Johnson clashes with MPs over Partygate denials
- Bolt donates to 2 institutions as part of CSR activities
- North Dayi health directorate holds 2022 annual performance review meeting
- Livestream: PM Express discusses EC’s neutrality
- FWSC working on linking salary to productivity – Benjamin Arthur
- ECG doesn’t have means to prove power theft – Lawyer
- Endeavour to build quality homes – GREDA to members
- Poverty is our enemy; peace and development are our objectives -VP Bawumia
- Alan pays for printing of albums for 200,000 delegates
- Joy Prime premieres new telenovela ‘The Rich Also Cry’ on April 3, 2023
- ‘Reckless’ Gwyneth Paltrow caused Utah ski crash, lawyer says
- Photos: Newly-elected Rugby Africa President Herbert Mensah returns home
- World Water Day: AngloGold Ashanti hands over water systems to 4 communities