Audio By Carbonatix
Regarding a report by the London Telegraph that the superfight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao was a done deal, which was picked up and reported by many major media outlets, Showtime Sports boxing exec Stephen Espinoza took to Twitter to issue a flat-out denial. TMZ also famously jumped the gun a few weeks ago with a premature report.
REPORT
The two have been locked in years of negotiations, but a deal for a showdown on May 2 has reportedly finally been agreed by both parties.
Reports suggest that Manny Pacquiao has completed his contractual agreements for the Las Vegas megafight with Floyd Mayweather, and the pound-for-pound king is set to do the same in the coming days.
The American could even confirm the fight at the NBA All-Star Game, which will take place in the early hours of this morning.
The scrap is pencilled in to take place on May 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, and will be worth an astronomical £162million - making it the richest fight in history.
The Sunday Telegraph quote a source close to the Filipino as saying: “Manny has 100 per cent signed his side of the deal. It is now over to Mayweather to close the deal and announce the fight.”
Talks had stalled between the two before they met at an NBA game in Miami last month, where they exchanged phone numbers and met for an hour at a hotel in the city.
It is understood that Mayweather's adviser, Al Haymon, has secured a 60 percent cut of the revenue for his fighter, with Pacquiao, 36, having agreed to a 40 percent cut.
Latest Stories
-
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
19 minutes -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
24 minutes -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
40 minutes -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
2 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
2 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
2 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
3 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
3 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
3 hours -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
3 hours -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
3 hours -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
3 hours -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
3 hours -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
4 hours -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
4 hours