The NDC Parliamentary Candidate for the Cape Coast North Constituency, Dr Kwamena Mintah Nyarku, with some supporters of the party have besieged the regional office of the Electoral Commission.
The group, numbering about 50, is demanding that Dr Nyarku is given his voter ID card.
This follows the refusal of the regional office to hand over his card despite a ruling by an Accra High court on Tuesday.
Dr Nyarku who had reported for his card was left disappointed after he was told that the EC Head Office in Accra, is yet to issue an order for its release.
In a video sighted by JoyNews, a member of the group is seen cursing both the regional and national representatives of the EC.
He is also heard issuing an ultimatum to the Commission while expressing worry that failure to meet the deadline will mean Dr Nyarku cannot represent the NDC in the December polls.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
- I was traumatised by police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience
Former Elegant Resorts IT boss gets £500K in damages after hitting head on doorframe at work
23-year-old driver in court over sex with minor
Vodafone CEO, Director of Digital Transformation make list of 50 most influential corporate women in Africa
Voting should start at 7 am and end at 3 pm – EC proposes
Six-year-old girl rescued from Alajo storm drain
Be cautious of inherent risks of digital transformation – GCB MD
Government charged to mobilise domestic resources to deal with rising debt situation
Playback: Government addresses nation on Covid-19 vaccination Phase II
DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
Ghanaian-German Centre for Job launches ‘Ghana Job Fair’ to tackle youth unemployment
Teenage pregnancy surge as Upper East Region records 6,533 cases
We must protect each other against covid-19 – Imperial General Assurance MD
MUSIGA to set up new Election Committee – Ras Caleb
DSP Azugu being at post is a dereliction of duty on IGP’s part – Agalga
How to know when it’s time to end a toxic friendship