Audio By Carbonatix
Carlos Tevez still wants to leave Manchester City and is not "overly worried" by the collapse of his move to Corinthians, says his representative.
The Brazilian side pulled out of a ÂŁ40m move for the 27-year-old on Wednesday.
Kia Joorabchian told BBC Sport: "This is Carlos Tevez we are talking about, one of the best players in the world. We are not overly worried.
"He wants to leave but is still a City player at the moment and we will of course respect that."
Joorabchian said he expects there to be interest from other clubs in the striker, who signed a five-year deal with City in July 2009.
"We've just got to wait and see who comes in next for him," he said.
City thought they had agreed a deal with Corinthians for the Argentine, but the Sao Paulo-based outfit had to pull out because they could not finalise the transfer before the close of their international transfer window at 0400 BST on Thursday.
Joorabchian added: "This deal was always going to be difficult because of the timing. In the end, this came down to small details, to haggling over a relatively small amount of money, and it couldn't be done in time."
And he rubbished suggestions that the deal had fallen through because Corinthians could not provide guarantees for the transfer fee.
"To say that Corinthians could not provide guarantees for the money is nonsense," he said. "Firstly, they are the biggest club in Brazil. Secondly, any club that makes an offer and cannot pay will get suspended by Fifa and have points deducted."
Tevez, who has previously had spells with Manchester United and West Ham, has said he wants to leave City to spend more time with his daughters.
He submitted a transfer request last December, before withdrawing it and helping City finish third in the Premier League table.
Source: BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ato Forson congratulates Benin’s former finance minister on inauguration as President
13 minutes -
GOIL announces GH¢0.06 dividend per share for investors
21 minutes -
BoG policy rate hold confirms inflation to trend upwards – IC Insights
24 minutes -
Photos: Ablakwa meets Ghanaian community in Pretoria
39 minutes -
Rising fuel costs pose risk to Ghana’s inflation outlook – Deloitte
46 minutes -
T-bills: Government records 5.9% undersubscription, but interest rates decline marginally
48 minutes -
Government will not tolerate shoddy road projects – Roads Minister
1 hour -
25/26 GPL: Vision end campaign with win over Aduana
2 hours -
GPL 2025/26: Young Apostles survive relegation with win over SamartexÂ
2 hours -
Gunmen allegedly kidnap teenager at Kabulya near Bimbilla, demand ransom
2 hours -
Fernandes breaks assist record as Brighton land Euro spot despite loss
2 hours -
Sunderland reach Europa League at Chelsea’s expense
2 hours -
Spurs beat Everton to secure Premier League survival
2 hours -
Xenophobia: Ghana to receive first batch of evacuees from South Africa on May 27
3 hours -
GPL 2025/26: Swedru All Blacks stun Kotoko in dramatic final-day comeback
3 hours