Audio By Carbonatix
Cesc Fabregas will return to Arsenal on Monday to undergo fitness tests ahead of the start of pre-season training, according to the Daily Telegraph.
Many had expected Fabregas to have signed for European champions and boyhood club Barcelona by now, but with the two clubs still unable to agree on a fee, the World Cup winner remains an Arsenal player, and will go through tests before the Gunners begin pre-season on Tuesday.
The Catalan giants are said to have tabled an improved bid of around €35 million for the Arsenal captain, but the Gunners are holding out for more.
However, there may be a further contributing factor in the story as Arsene Wenger secured the signings of Barcelona’s Jon Toral and Hector Bellerin earlier in the summer, with both 16-year-olds having rejected contracts at Camp Nou.
Barcelona are said to be outraged by Arsenal’s actions, and are threatening to report the London club to Fifa, making a claim of £350,000 for each player.
However, Barca have apparently said they will withdraw the claims if Fabregas is their player come the beginning of the season.
Arsenal, who travel to Kuala Lumpur for their Far East tour next weekend, believe they have done nothing wrong and look determined not to let their captain leave for less than they believe he is worth.
Meanwhile, Catalan newspaper Sport has claimed Fabregas will not train alongside his team-mates or play in any of Arsenal's pre-season games as he looks to seal his dream move to Barcelona.
Sport also claim Barca coach Pep Guardiola will adopt a 3-4-3 formation to accommodate Fabregas in a midfield diamond.
Back at Arsenal, Wenger is said to be meeting Samir Nasri on Monday in a last-ditch effort to try and convince him to stay at the club.
Interest is high in Nasri, with both Manchester clubs chasing the Frenchman’s signature
Source: Goal.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Government will not tolerate shoddy road projects – Roads Minister
31 minutes -
25/26 GPL: Vision end campaign with win over Aduana
38 minutes -
GPL 2025/26: Young Apostles survive relegation with win over SamartexÂ
49 minutes -
Gunmen allegedly kidnap teenager at Kabulya near Bimbilla, demand ransom
1 hour -
Fernandes breaks assist record as Brighton land Euro spot despite loss
1 hour -
Sunderland reach Europa League at Chelsea’s expense
1 hour -
Spurs beat Everton to secure Premier League survival
1 hour -
Xenophobia: Ghana to receive first batch of evacuees from South Africa on May 27
2 hours -
GPL 2025/26: Swedru All Blacks stun Kotoko in dramatic final-day comeback
2 hours -
Slump continues as cedi becomes worst-performing currency in sub-Saharan Africa in 2026
2 hours -
Petroleum Commission hails 7 Eleven Energy Services’ indigenous bolt and nut plant as sign of local content growth
2 hours -
Keta MP offers relief to Afiadenyigba SHS after fire outbreak
3 hours -
UMaT graduates 95 students, commits to training 1,000 coders
3 hours -
Modified Taxation Scheme: Ghana’s surest way to inclusive tax administrationÂ
3 hours -
Asunafo North Cocoa Farmers Union and partners rescue rural schools from infrastructure crisis
3 hours