The Ashanti Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party, Bernard Antwi-Boasiako, popularly referred to as ‘Chairman Wontumi’ has submitted a bid of $3.1billion to purchase English Football Club, Chelsea.
In a letter submitted to the Club, ‘Chairman Wontumi’ declared his interest to purchase the club and the readiness of his legal team to commence negotiations.
Speaking on Wontumi TV on Facebook, Bernard Antwi-Boasiako expressed his intention to bring Brazilian and Real Madrid Forward, Vinicius Jnr into the team should he succeed with his purchase of the Club.
He said, “If I purchase the Club, Lukaku has done his best but I would transfer him to a different club and have talks with Manchester United if I can get Ronaldo into my squad and try to get Messi from Paris Saint Germain as well into the team”.
“Those who buy clubs are not footballers, but business people. I am also a businessman. I do gold mining. Why can’t we buy the club?” he stated.
Bernard Antwi-Boasiako believes Roman Abramovich has done his best with Chelsea and is high time he hands over the team to a different person, particularly an African.
Current owner, Roman Abramovich, put the club up for sale in the wake of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Chairman Wontumi would face off with other interested persons like American Billionaire, Todd Boehly and Swiss businessman, Hansjorg Wyss.
Also, owner of the New York Jets NFL team, Woody Johnson has been tipped as another interested buyer of the club.
British Tycoon and Chlesa fan, Nick Candy is reported to have made an offer of £2.5b with plans to redevelop Stamford Bridge.
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- GRASAG launches Graduate Research Trust Fund to support scientific and policy-oriented research for national development
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- Ghana, Korea $8 million rice project kicks off in Assin North
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We are engaging ECG to fix anomaly with electricity purchase – PURC
- Chinese employer allegedly slashes throat of Ghanaian employee
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- NIA called, begged 9 Ghanaians to come for their Ghana Cards after filing complaint in court – Sam George
- Livestream: PM Express discusses the survival of banks in economic crisis
- Mfantsipim Old Boys Association holds annual engagement series
- betPawa Premier League: Seydou Zerbo getting frustrated with Kotoko strikers
- Playback: Personality Profile hosts Zahara
- Recent frequent rainfall is not a new phenomenon – Chief Forecaster
- Turbo-Jets win second edition of Adonai Osagyefo Basketball Championship
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Homeowners and businesses urged to invest in security