An Accra High Court has dismissed a defamatory case by the Director of Political Affairs at the Chief of Staff Office against The Multimedia Group.
This concerns a defamatory case brought against investigative journalist Kwetey Nartey and The Multimedia Group Limited by Mr. Frank Asiedu Bekoe.
Mr. Bekoe filed the suit for ¢10 million over the investigative story titled “JoyNews uncovers how confiscated cars were auctioned cheaply by politically connected”.
In his ruling, the judge said the story did not defame the Director of Political Affairs at the presidency.
The judge however said that MGL should correct an inaccuracy in its report which said Mr. Bekoe was the Head of the Assets Committee.
The Court awarded ¢45,000 damages against the plaintiff.
- Close down Office of the Auditor-General – GHAMRO CEO fumes
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- Al Sadd and Andre Ayew agree to contract termination
- Monkeypox Outbreak: Ghana records four deaths, 116 cases
- Ghana officially opens its market to US pork and pork products export
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- Adomfe goes sombre as cop, family killed in fire are buried
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- ‘Placement for sale’ exposé makes nonsense of CSSPS – Clement Apaak
- I don’t have confidence Akufo-Addo is committed to fighting corruption – Sulemana Braimah
- Bawumia hosts American Football delegation as 9 young Ghanaians set for NFL Pro Bowl in the US
- AfDB and IFAD to build food systems resilience in Africa through ‘Mission 1 for 200’ initiative
- Swansea fans clamor for Andre Ayew return
- Total Mobile Money transactions hit record ¢1.07trillion in 2022
- CHAN 2022: We didn’t deserve to lose – Annor Walker on defeat to Niger
- Novak Djokovic says 10th Australian Open is his ‘biggest victory’
- T-bills auction: Government records 60% oversubscription
- Novak Djokovic: Why can’t the next generation stop the Australian Open champion?
- Michael B. Jordan jokes about his break up with Lori Harvey during ‘SNL’ monologue
- Malta Guinness WPL: Ridge City still winless as Hasaacas Ladies beat LadyStrikers
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- Ghanaian Farmer TV host to join agric stakeholders in Turkey to promote farmers’ success stories
- Modernisation, harmonisation of regulatory frameworks critical for universal broadband coverage by 2030 – Ralph Mupita