A Circuit Court in Accra on Wednesday remanded into prison custody a 25-year-old security man for allegedly defiling a three year old pupil.
August Nartey who was charged with defilement pleaded not guilty.
He is to reappear on November 13.
Prosecuting Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) George Abavelim told the court, presided over by Mrs. Georgina Mensah-Datsa that the complainant was the victim’s mother.
Prosecution said the accused person who lives at La in Accra, works with Kent House Company.
On October 9, this year, accused was on duty at one of the MTN Tower Posts, which incidentally has been erected in the premises of the victim’s school.
When the school closed that day, the complainant did not pick the victim early hence she was left alone at the school.
Prosecution said when the complainant went to pick the victim at school she (complainant) saw the victim playing while the accused was seated and after exchanging greetings took the victim home.
When the complainant was bathing the victim that evening, the complainant found the victim screaming any time her vagina was touched.
Prosecution said when the complainant interrogated her she disclosed that it was the accused who defiled her.
The complainant took the victim to the hospital for examination and reported the matter to the Police who in turn arrested Nartey.
- Bagbin’s new look gets social media talking as Parliament resumes sitting
- First female Brigadier-General in GAF dies
- Apeatse explosion: I wish I had died than to lose my son, 10 bedroom house
- Lands Ministry investigates alleged military assault on mining taskforce
- Government will continue to engage on E-levy – Oppong-Nkrumah
- Group pickets Parliament over E-Levy, vows to resist re-introduction
- Special Prosecutor starts investigations into banking and financial sector crisis
- AFCON 2021: 8 people dead and over 40 injured in Olembe Stadium stampede
- Burkina Faso coup leaders urged to release President Kabore
- Joyce Aryee leads 5-member committee to manage Apeatse Support Fund
Bessa Simons allegedly involved in signature forgery
Culture of violence if not checked will spell doom for our democracy – Oppong Nkrumah
We must be decisive in preventing domestic inequalities that lead to urban migration, conflict – Bawumia tells UN Security Council
Independent accountability institutions must act as the constitution demands – Ghana Integrity Initiative
Akufo-Addo guilty, ashamed to mention ‘corruption’ – Manasseh Azure
If we were serious about anti-graft fight Agyeman Manu won’t be Health Minister – Manasseh Azure
Akufo-Addo’s government friendly to corruption – Manasseh Azure
Government to set up ministerial commission of inquiry to probe Apeatse explosion
Stop discriminating against persons living with disabilities – Wenchi MP to Ghanaians
IEPA backs government to invest more in the educational sector for poverty alleviation
Police on manhunt for friends who helped woman assault rival
If anyone tries to defame me, I will sue – Kofi Mole
I’m not using Covid-19 to make excuses about the economy – Akufo-Addo
Gospel singer apologises for cheating on wife
NDC will continue to oppose ‘burdensome’ taxes – Mahama