The Enchi District Magistrate court has sentenced a 20-year-old rickshaw rider to 24 months imprisonment in hard labor for stealing a royal motorbike with registration number M-16-AS-4029.
Samuel Ebbah, alias Gadafi, who pleaded guilty to the offence was recently jailed for committing a similar offence.
Before the presiding Judge, Mr Eric Baah Boateng delivered his judgement, Ebbah said “My Lord even the 24 months l already have on my neck, it is not easy oooo! If you give another 24 months l will collapse”
Ebbah’s accomplice who is 17-year old pleaded not guilty to abetment of crime and,is standing trial at the Juvenile court.
Prosecuting, Detective Inspector Joseph Kwadwo Agyare said the complainant Francis Kofi Newman and Ebbah live at Nyankamam, while Patrick Amoako, a motor rider reside at Boinso all in Aowin Municipality.
He said on November 20, this year, complainant parked his royal motorbike in front of his room and retired to bed.
Inspector Agyare said when the complainant got up the following morning around 0230 hours, he detected that his motorbike had been stolen.
Prosecution said investigation by the complainant revealed that Ebbah stole the motorbike.
The prosecution complainant then organized some witnesses who arrested Ebbah at Enchi-Elubo.
He said the convict admitted the crime and said he had released the motorbike to one Amoako to be used for commercial purposes.
Inspector Agyare said Ebbah was handed over to the Police where a formal complaint was made by the complainant.
He said on November 26, last year, the said Amoako was apprehended at Boinso where he confessed that the convict gave him the aforementioned motorbike to be used for commercial purposes, but while working, it developed a fault between Omanpe and Adjourm, where he left it.
The prosecution said Amoako then led the police to the site where the motorbike yet to be valued was retrieved.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘I have unfinished business with Black Stars’ – Milovan Rajevac
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- Two sisters settling family feud on Big Chef
- Minority in Parliament pressures government to announce producer price of cocoa for 2022 season
- 25 killed as bus plunges into gorge in India
- Masloc begins training for its staff as nationwide digitisation rollout
- GFA launches Talent Identification and Development Programme
- Illegal miners torture suspected thieves on site
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face
- #NoToGalamsey:The pledge to put my presidency on the line wasn’t bombast or recklessness – Akufo-Addo
- 2014 World Cup was problematic – Kwesi Nyantakyi
- Driving Schools Association to collaborate with MTTD to clamp down on unregistered drivers
- GOIL donates hospital beds to Asuom Health Centre in Eastern region
- Government not against mining but can’t accept ones that destroy our country – Akufo-Addo
- My government is yet to win galamsey fight – Akufo-Addo
- Global Citizen Festival was successful because of risks taken by organisers – Social Director
- Auctioning of vehicles at Tema Port to go online by end of October, 2022- GRA