The Ghana Health Service has revealed that four persons have succumbed to the novel coronavirus disease (Covid-19).
According to the Service’s most recent update, all the casualties happened on Tuesday, July 13, summing the deaths recorded so far to 810.
Also, the country’s Covid-19 cases did not show signs of slowing as the data captured as many as 156 new cases on the day.
Thus, sending the active cases to 2,601 with 95,024 recoveries.
Breaking down the cumulative cases per region;
- Greater Accra Region – 53,942
- Ashanti Region – 16,805
- Western Region – 5,968
- Eastern Region – 4,519
- Central Region – 3,552
- Volta Region – 2,650
- Northern Region – 1,661
- Bono Region – 1,468
- Bono East Region – 1,463
- Upper East Region – 1,320
- Western North Region – 923
- Ahafo Region – 844
- Upper West Region – 500
- Oti Region – 466
- North East Region – 231
- Savannah Region – 132
Meanwhile, the country’s religious leaders have stepped up the education of their congregants on the observance of the protocols.
Apostle General of the Royal House Chapel, Rev. Sam Korakye Ankrah admonished his congregants during service on Sunday to strictly adhere to the protocols as cases begin to rise.
“My advice is a bit of prophetic advice. Let’s keep the mask on in church, outside the church, and wherever you go. Those of you that use one mask one week, it’s dangerous, get a lot of mask,s and change them every day.
He also urged them to drink hot water with lemon, ginger, garlic, and honey to build a strong immune system.
- Effia Nkwanta Regional Hospital confirmed Takoradi woman was never pregnant – Police
- I’ve relocated because of royalty issues in Ghana – Kwaw Kesse
- We’re working to recognise Ghana’s vaccine certificate as soon as possible – UK
- Check out where to receive 1st and 2nd doses of Covid-19 vaccine from Sept. 24 to 29
- Prophet in court for allegedly sexually molesting 3 teenage boys
- Playback: GFA unveils Milovan Rajevac as Black Stars head coach
- Takoradi woman confesses to not being pregnant – Ghana Police Service
- A tour inside Ghana’s National Mosque
- Covid-19: GHS to start immunisation exercise for unvaccinated citizens on Friday
- Win AFCON 2021, qualify for World Cup 2022 for $600k – GFA tells Milovan Rajevac
Retained MCE nominee for Yendi rejected by assembly members
More than 12,000 rural women farmers, low income earners benefit from £3.6 million grant
9 players from Milo’s first spell still active, but who can the Serb count on?
Police advises public to exercise caution when making huge financial transactions
Takoradi woman confesses to not being pregnant – Ghana Police Service
Ghana has spent over $4 million on head coaches since Milovan Rajevac first left
Getting D7 in WASSCE should not be a barrier to tertiary education – Education Minister
Getting D7 in WASSCE should not be a barrier to accessing tertiary education – Education Minister
‘Otanipole’ Concept: Ghana encouraged to employ the use of plastic tires to reduce accidents
The return of Milovan Rajevac: A nostalgic or technical appointment?
God wouldn’t have made Adam sleep, if he wanted man to understand a woman – Joy FM Listener
Mentoring: An empowering virtuous circle
Asokwa Municipal Assembly endorses Akwannuasa Gyimah for second term as MCE
Milo has the full respect of Black Stars players – Kurt Okraku
Tarika, Origin8 launch EBIMS-airwatch