Audio By Carbonatix
Director of Health Promotion at the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr Dacosta Aboagye has advised Ghanaians and organisations to strictly follow the preventive measures to protect and preserve their lives.
According to him, institutionalisation of the preventive measures and strict adherence by all is crucial to reduce the spread and rate of infections as Ghanaians strive to live with the virus.
Government has outlined safety protocols to allow religious organisations such as churches and mosques to start operations within the limited easing of restrictions by the President.
On Monday, 1st June 2020, Religious Affairs Minister, Kofi Dzamesi announced the protocols to guide operations of religious organisations. The Education Minister, Minister of Youth and Sports, and the Minister of Tourism have all outlined safety protocols to guide their various sectors.
Some churches have raised concerns about adhering to the strict protocols to reopen after the restrictions on religious gatherings were eased. Among the reasons are the 100 congregants having hourly worship from June 5, 2020, for large religious gatherings. Other religious organisations have also supported the government’s position and said they need time to plan and put the infrastructure in place to adhere to the safety protocols and /or open on Sunday 7th June.
Reacting to these developments, Chairman of Risk Communication Committee for Covid-19 said the health, safety, and wellbeing of Ghanaians were considered in drafting these strict protocols through the various stakeholders’ engagements.
According to him, the topmost priority in this Covid-19 fight is to limit the spread of infections, protect and preserve lives. He argued that there is no intention to burden churches and mosques with these safety protocols which were jointly developed with their leaders at the various stakeholder engagements.
“The strict protocols are not to burden churches, mosques and other organisations but to protect and preserve lives” Dr Dacosta noted.
President Nana Akufo-Addo in his 10th address said, the government is embarking on a strategic controlled, progressive, safe easing of restrictions to get Ghanaian lives and economy back to normal.
Ghana has so far recorded over 9,462 cases of coronavirus with 44 deaths and over 3,547 recoveries.
Latest Stories
-
Police assessing Stansted Airport private flights over Epstein ties
5 hours -
Nine arrested in France over death of far-right student
5 hours -
EPA to probe seizure of over 200 suspected galamsey machines at Tema port
5 hours -
Ghana–Russia Center, Kuban Agrarian University seal deal to advance agricultural innovation
5 hours -
Mahama opens maiden Tree Crop Investment Summit, pushes value addition and jobs
5 hours -
Police recover five assault rifles after Bono shootout, one suspect killed
5 hours -
Nana B slams Special Prosecutor over presidential primaries investigations
5 hours -
The ‘Ghana Must Go’ bag of integrity: 3 police officers return GH₵85k
6 hours -
Ghana must help Burkina Faso tackle terror threat – Expert says
6 hours -
Police return GH¢85,000 found on Techiman–Kumasi highway to owner
6 hours -
NSA assures service personnel of prompt payment of outstanding allowances
6 hours -
The Wahala Playbook: A quintessential guide to burying national scandals with internet gossip
6 hours -
Burkina Faso attack: Travel advisory insufficient, urgent security measures needed – Samuel Jinapor
6 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Decision-Making Speed and Quality.
7 hours -
Emmanuel Bedzrah cuts sod for 17 educational infrastructure projects in Ho West
7 hours
