Audio By Carbonatix
Senior High Schools (SHSs) in the Sunyani Municipality have scaled up measures to stem the spread of the Covid-19 as schools re-open on October 5, this year.
School authorities told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) in an interview that various health and safety protocols had been put in place to protect students from contracting the viral disease.
Zoomlion Ghana Limited, a waste management and sanitation firm, in collaboration with the Ministry of Education (MOE), disinfected some schools in the Municipality at the weekend.
Beneficiary schools include the Sunyani SHS, Notre Damme SHS, as well as the Holy Spirit Primary and Junior High School.
The Headmaster of the Sunyani Senior High School, Mr Michael Nsiah-Adjapong said enough Veronica buckets had been procured to aid hand washing of staff and students while social distancing would be observed in the classrooms.
He said a total of 1,500 students were expected to resume and assured them of their safety in the school environment.
Mr. Nsiah-Adjapong commended Zoomlion and the MOE for undertaking the disinfection exercises, which would also control bed bugs in the dormitories and classrooms and expressed appreciation to the intensified media publicity on the fight against Covid-19 in the country.
The Headmaster of the Holy Spirit Primary and JHS, Mr. Vincent Ayisi, lauded government’s commitment towards managing the Covid-19 and expressed the hope that the populace would continue to adhere to health and safety protocols and government restrictions to control new infections.
The Bono, Bono East and Ahafo Regional Manager of Zoomlion, Mrs. Esther Abayeta Asadoo, said 185 SHSs and 2,800 basic schools were expected to be disinfected in the three regions.
Latest Stories
-
FIFA World Cup: Iran moves camp from USA to Mexico, amid ongoing conflict
12 minutes -
Tamale police arrest suspect with large quantities of drugs
46 minutes -
BoG pushes for integrated African payment systems to boost trade — Dr Asiama
49 minutes -
Two people shot in encounter with Secret Service near the White House
1 hour -
Red Cross volunteers die from suspected Ebola in DR Congo
2 hours -
US Secret Service investigates reports of shots near White House
2 hours -
ECG injects GH¢3m into power upgrades across 40 Accra communities
2 hours -
‘Owadiah’ makes history: William Opare becomes first Ghanaian to break 45 seconds in 400m
2 hours -
Scottish woman ‘was on a mission’ to find out who her Ghanaian husband was. Then she died
2 hours -
Four Ada SHS students arrested after viral cutlass threat video sparks alarm
2 hours -
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
3 hours -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
3 hours -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
3 hours -
GN Savings and Loans: Ndoum thanks Mahama after Court of Appeal victory
3 hours -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
3 hours