Cristiano Ronaldo says he has achieved what he set out to do with Juventus amid continued doubts about his future.
The Portugal captain, 36, who joined Juve from Real Madrid in 2018, has a year left on his contract.
Ronaldo has won two Serie A titles, the Coppa Italia and two Italian Super Cups but Juve failed to win the league this season for the first time since 2011.
He said: “I have to value everything we achieved this season at Juventus, both in collective and individual terms.”
During his three years in Italy, Ronaldo has also been named Serie A footballer of the year twice, and was the competition’s top scorer in the season just completed.
In an Instagram post, he added:“The Italian Super Cup, the Italian Cup and the Serie A Top Scorer trophy fill me with happiness, mainly due to the difficulty they carry with them, in a country where nothing is easy to win.
“With these achievements, I reached a goal that I had set myself since the first day I arrived in Italy: to win the Championship, the Cup and the Super Cup, and also to be Best Player and Top Scorer in this great football country.”
The former Manchester United and Real Madrid forward has won major individual and team honours with clubs in three countries.
“Nothing compares to the feeling of knowing that I’ve left my mark in the countries where I’ve played,” he added.
This season he scored his 100th goal for Juventus, having also passed the milestone at Real Madrid, where he scored 450 times, and United ,where he got 118 goals.
He also passed 760 career goals, giving him a disputed claim to being the highest scorer of all time.
Juventus secured a Champions League spot on Sunday, having seen their run of nine straight Serie A titles ended, with Inter Milan winning the league.
- MTN FA Cup wrap: AshGold breeze into semis, Hearts survive late scare
- Ghana surpasses 100K Covid-19 infections as third-wave gathers momentum
- Akufo-Addo to address the nation as Covid-19 cases hit 100k
- Suspected highway robber gunned down in cross-fire with Police
- Anti-LGBT Bill: Let us create gay prisons as well – Researcher fumes
- He was a father for all – John Mahama eulogises Prof Atta Mills at 9th wreath laying ceremony
- Third Navarrete fight a possibility-Isaac Dogboe
- Olympic football: South Africa lose 7 – goal thriller to France, Ivory Coast hold Brazil, Egypt lose to Argentina
- I am honoured and humbled by deputy Communications Director appointment – Jefferson Sackey
- Playback: The Law discusses anti-LGBT bill and threats of stifling free speech
Decline in wearing face masks in public extremely troubling – Akufo-Addo
It appears Ghana is experiencing a third wave of Covid-19 – Akufo-Addo
Government commits $25million to establish National Vaccine Institute for local manufacture – Akufo-Addo
Covid-19: Akufo-Addo updates guidelines for funerals and weddings amid fears of third wave
Full Text: Akufo-Addo’s 26th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
Playback: The Probe discusses Covid-19 third wave
Ghana to receive over 18million Covid-19 vaccines in third quarter of the year – Akufo-Addo
Playback: Akufo-Addo’s 26th address to the nation as Covid-19 cases hit 100k
Pope John Old Boys Association holds career clinic for students
I can’t fault the Speaker for encouraging anti-LGBTQ bill – Researcher at University of Johannesburg
MTN FA Cup: Kotoko knocked out, Medeama secure ticket to Africa after progressing to semis
Photos: 9th wreath-laying ceremony for late John Evans Atta-Mills
Murdered momo vendor buried as family calls for investigations
I am honoured and humbled by deputy Communications Director appointment – Jefferson Sackey
Anti-LGBT Bill: All justification in support are not grounded in science – Researcher