Audio By Carbonatix
A group of sympatisers of the National Democratic Congress in the Ketu South municipality of the Volta Region have taken to the streets to protest the disqualification of two party members from the party’s November 7 primaries.
Albert Ziggah and Jim Morti were disqualified after certain discrepancies were found on their forms. It was found that Jim Morti for instance has not taken his mandatory National Service.
The protestors believe the two aspirants have been disqualified to make way for the incumbent Member of Parliament Fifi Kwetey to go unopposed.

One of the demonstrators told Joy News’ Ivy Setordzi they do not see the need for anyone to be disqualified.
He believes everyone should be allowed to contest adding “they cannot impose the incompetent Fifi Kwetey on us”.

“We want the NDC as a party to bring everybody on board. Since we voted him [Fifi Kwetey] into power we never see him again”, he said.
The NDC is preparing for its November 7 primaries. So far a total of 86 aspirants in the Volta Region have been cleared for the primaries.

A joint vetting committee made up of selected party executives from the Constituency, Regional and National levels and chaired by the NDC’s National Vice Chairman, Mr Samuel Ofosu Ampofo gave the aspirants the green light to run in the parliamentary primaries after a two day vetting exercise in the region.
Latest Stories
-
GoldBod cannot hide behind agency role to escape accountability – Afenyo-Markin
9 minutes -
‘You don’t get to keep the fees and disown the costs’ – Afenyo-Markin challenges GoldBod
14 minutes -
GNPC turns 40, targets oil production recovery and $3.5bn fresh investment
23 minutes -
Minority will speak boldly on GoldBod losses despite attacks – Afenyo-Markin vows
28 minutes -
Moody’s upgrades EBID rating to B1, citing stronger finances and shareholder support
37 minutes -
GoldBod cannot make losses trading gold – Afenyo-Markin
45 minutes -
Papaye, KFC and Pizzaman customers among most targeted as TrustGH uncovers nearly 1,000 scam numbers cloning Google business profiles of major food chains
55 minutes -
2026 U20 WWC: ‘We are in a tough group’ – Black Princesses’ Linda Owusu Ansah
1 hour -
2026 U20 WWC: Ghana’s Ambassador to Czech Republic welcomes Black Princesses to Poland
1 hour -
Oti NPP executives demand completion of stalled government projects
2 hours -
Jinapor demands answers as Alima Mahama is asked to pay for Embassy spending outside her tenure
2 hours -
Russia doubles scholarships for Ghanaian students to 240 annually
2 hours -
Cedi’s year-to-date loss slumps to 4.09% as recent gains gather pace
2 hours -
‘Home has spoken’ – Justin Kodua Frimpong says as Ashanti delegates back his re-election bid
2 hours -
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, seven others’ NPA case adjourned to August 27
2 hours