Sara the Dressmaker, a fashion design house specialized in couture has introduced its 2021 collections in a campaign dubbed ‘The Bridal Journey’.
‘The Bridal Journey’ showcases the bride’s choice of dresses for each stage of the wedding process. It shows the traditional dress, the bridal robe, the mother’s dress, and the ball gown
The designer calls the ball gown, one-piece Corset Batavia Lettuce Ball Gown. It took 35 days of hard work, 2000 yards of horsehair, 165 bridal organdy, 48 yards of bridal Satin to finish the gown
According to the Creative Director, Sarah Abbey, her inspiration came from the beauty of nature. Sarah maintains that God is the best designer. She got the idea from the leafy plant lettuce, the sea waves, and the peacock.
The Ivory ball gown has the nature of the lettuce and ball nature of the gown is similar to a peacock when it spreads its feathers.
The Bridal Journey features the 2019 Miss Malaika winner, Phylis Vesta Boison as the bride, and Akumaa Mama Zimbi (AMZ) as the mother of the bride.
Sara the Dressmaker continues to dazzle followers with contemporary and traditional designs.
Bridal Journey is expected to be a quarterly event in Ghana.
- Number 12: Sannie Daara cleared of wrongdoing, GFA free to re-appoint him
- Osinachi’s husband charged with homicide
- Come and account for Covid-19 expenditure – Bagbin directs Ofori-Atta
- ‘I will never do that, I did not come to this country to do that’ – Education Minister denies misapplying $1.2 million
- GES did not undertake $1.2 million ‘phantom’ training under my watch – Matthew Opoku Prempeh
- NPP regional elections: 6 ‘suspicious’ persons arrested in Northern Region
- Today’s front pages: Friday, May 27, 2022
- 10-bedroom apartment burnt in Thursday afternoon fire in Kumasi
- Privileges Committee fails to meet Henry Quartey
- Mr Ibu hospitalised again
Major shake-up hits ECG as new MD reshuffles top 14 officers
Accountability will suffer if Parliament is not financially independent – Research Analyst
AfDB’s $1.2bn food crisis support is wholly inadequate – Northern Development and Democratic Institute
We should spend time to tell our stories – CSIR D-G to staff
Diamond Cement Group rewards customers, distributors
Develop rural communities to prevent indigenes from accepting offers from terrorists – GNAT to government
Effects of terrorism do not respect national borders – UNDP Ghana
Man arrested with weapon during NPP’s Savannah Regional elections
10k women in Ghana and Nigeria to benefit from mPharma’s free cervical cancer tests, treatment
New Music: Medikal writes a ‘Letter to My Ex’, Bisa Kdei, Kweku Smoke, Joe Mettle drop songs
Empress Gifty made ambassador for ‘See Something Say Something’ terrorism awareness campaign
MTN Ghana to hold 4th AGM virtually on May 30￼
The Tony Elumelu Foundation has transformed the face of entrepreneurship – Mrs Ugochukwu
I didn’t love my husband as much once we had kids
Why the ‘other woman’ isn’t always to blame