Kofi Danso, a 36-year-old driver, was on Friday arraigned at the Asamankese circuit court on two counts of defilement and incest.
He pleaded not guilty for defiling his daughter, aged 12.
The accused had days earlier appeared before the Kade District Magistrate’s Court and was remanded in custody to be sent to a higher court which had the jurisdiction to try defilement and incest cases.
Presenting the facts of the case, Police Inspector Francis Cobbina said Danso lived in the same house at Akyem Abodom with his wife and daughter.
He said on February 05 at about 0030 hours, Danso sneaked into the room where the daughter was sleeping and attempted to have sex with her but was caught by his wife.
When the woman questioned him, he explained that he was about to help her do her homework in addition to advising her.
The prosecutor said the woman who was not convinced with the explanation from her husband quarrelled with him.
The girl, shortly after the incident, told her mother that last December, when she (mother) travelled to Asuom, her home town, her father had sexual intercourse with her.
The father first said he was teaching her some “styles” for her future sexual intercourse.
He first inserted his finger into her sexual organ then immediately followed by inserting his male organ.
After the act, the father gave a bucket of hot water to the girl to sit on the vapour to heal any possible wounds.
She further disclosed that the father had sexual intercourse with her on three occasions during while her mother was away but warned her against telling anyone otherwise he would beat her to death.
The mother, subsequently, took the girl to the Kade Government Hospital for examination and treatment.
The Medical Officer after examining the girl asked that a report be made to the Police, which the mother obliged.
Danso admitted during interrogation that he had sexual relations with his daughter.
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- Suspend prospecting activities in all forest reserves – Lands Minister directs
- Ghana to experience buoyant economic growth in 2nd half-year – Fitch Solutions
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
Government expects recommendations from technical committee on minimum wage in two weeks
I was the least expected candidate – John Kumah speaks on his deputy ministerial appointment
Rastafarian Saga: Achimota, all schools under GES cannot be sued – Attorney-General
Court jails labourer 15 years for defiling girl, two
Tema residents laud closure of 49 TV station
Joe Ghartey files appeal against Sekondi High Court’s ruling
GRA to establish Tax Court to determine tax evasion cases
Muslim inmates of Bawku Prison receive food
Yaw Sarpong-Kumankuma: Why panic when solutions abound?
WAEC needs a regulator – Africa Education Watch
State files fresh charges against Ernest Thompson, four others
UEW student found dead at the sea shore of Winneba
JoyNews’ Emmanuel Kwasi Debrah honoured at Society of Environmental Journalists 2020 Awards
Profile of Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister-designate, Kwaku Ampratwum-Sarpong
Enterprise Trustees launches industry first mobile van service