On the occasion of the celebration of Easter we call on all Christians to renew their faith and commit themselves to righteousness and the defence of what is good.
Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection was a renewal of hope for all Christians. It enjoined us to always sacrifice for the good of our community, our society and our world.
As we celebrate Easter let us use it as a period of self-examination and do away with aspects of our lives that go against Christian principles and betray the role Jesus played in washing away our sins.
We can only impact positively on our society if we do away with negative habits such as treachery, duplicity, stealing, deception and betrayal, which have unfortunately become the order of the day.
Our prayer is that this Easter will be a time for personal renewal and commitment, fulfilling the Calling that Christ has placed on each of our lives.
Let us use this period to sow seeds of unity, love and compassion to all who come into our lives – friends and foes, allies and opponents.
We call on all holiday-goers to endeavour to celebrate the holiday period in moderation and not allow immoral actions to mar a period meant for reflection and renewal of life.
Signed: Jerry John Rawlings and Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings
Visit Former President Rawlings’ blog site – http://jjrawlings.wordpress.com/
- I will fail my ministry if I fail to be the best mum – Adwoa Safo
- Exclusive: Adwoa Safo speaks on family, NPP, absence from Parliament
- ‘I will never do that, I did not come to this country to do that’ – Education Minister denies misapplying $1.2 million
- Come and account for Covid-19 expenditure – Bagbin directs Ofori-Atta
- Osinachi’s husband charged with homicide
- I will return when issues with family are resolved – Adwoa Safo
- Today’s front pages: Friday, May 27, 2022
- Privileges Committee fails to meet Henry Quartey
- GES did not undertake $1.2 million ‘phantom’ training under my watch – Matthew Opoku Prempeh
- Special Prosecutor commences investigations into aspects of Sir John’s will
‘Any politician looting state properties is a disgrace to our democracy’ – Sam George
Government ready to improve automobile policy based on input of industry players – Akufo-Addo
One dead after armed men attack gold dealer’s shop at Enyinam on Accra-Kumasi highway
Covid-19 has repurposed HR’s role and renewed focus on employees – Vodafone HR Director
Bomso Basic Schools get 2-month free sanitary pad from Lady Pharmacists Association of Ghana
WHO sees no reason for alarm over monkeypox
Bagbin and Annor-Dompreh disagree over claims Parliament is broke
Football action in GPL and UCL reaches final
Number 12: Sannie Daara cleared off wrongdoing, GFA directed to re-appoint him
Private sector in Africa should lead the charge for sustainable economic development – CEO of The Tony Elumelu Foundation
GNAT engages National Security on ‘See Something, Say Something’ anti-terrorism campaign
Actor Morgan Freeman permanently banned from entering Russia
Return or resign – Dome-Kwabenya constituents to Adwoa Safo
Latif Abubakar tackles child labour, trafficking with Christmas-In-May
Revive once vibrant town council for a better, clean environment – Volta NADMO Boss urges