Egypt Air is reported to have been chosen as the preferred partner in the establishment of a new home base carrier for the country.
According to the Aviation Ghana, the Aviation Ministry settled on the Cairo based Airline after an extensive scrutiny by the committee put together by government to search for a strategic partner.
The Aviation Ghana news portal maintained that Egypt Air’s proposal can be described as much better than the initial deal put forward by Ethiopian Airlines.
Joy Business understands that an MOU is expected to be signed between the two parties in the coming days.
Ghana signed MOU with Ethiopia Airlines in 2018
Ghana in 2018 signed an MOU with Ethiopian Airlines to establish a national carrier.
The agreement, was expected to see Ethiopian Airlines contributing funding, equity, aircrafts and management services.
The government will have received 10 per cent of shares in the home-based carrier while the majority shares will be for Ghanaian investors.
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Saudi Arabia coach Herve Renard resigns
- IMF reluctant to approve bailout because of huge budget deficit – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana has failed to play its foreign policy well – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Ghana should be careful not to fall into a geopolitical trap – Dr. Hlorvor
- Ghana is important to the US – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Gold Mafia: Kenyan once honoured with ‘Lifetime Africa Achievement’ uncovered as Africa’s foremost gold smuggler
- Why Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ is a ‘maybe’
- You can’t intervene in anti-LGBTQ+ bill; you’re not in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo
- Tarkwa Rotary Club conducts medical screening for inmates of Tarkwa prisons
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- GhLA CEO Hayford Siaw honoured by global philanthropy organisation, Reach for Change
- World Water Day: Youth engagement maximized to achieve SDG 6
- Livestream: PM Express discusses US-Ghana relations
- Hey please! I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Bole-Bamboi MP calls for rerun of the election that approved six ministerial nominees