When Nigeria’s Kizz Daniel released his popular hit ‘Buga’ in May 2022, it took the continent by storm.
On Instagram, TikTok and other social media platforms, ‘Buga’ has been trending; with many creating exciting dance videos for it.
Months later, the song is still making waves and even the President of Liberia, George Manneh Oppong Weah joined the challenge in June.
The latest person to hop on the trend is the Paramount Chief of Elimina, Nana Kodwo Conduah VI.
In a video shared on social media, the chief was seen dancing to Buga in his palanquin during the Bakatue durbar.
The public cheered on the chief while he displayed his dancing skills.
Meanwhile, this is the first time the people of Elmina have celebrated Bakatue, a festival marked every first week in July, since the Covid-19 pandemic struck.
The people commenced the celebration of the Edina Bakatue on Tuesday, July 6, 2022.
The festival which has been observed by the residents of Edina for more than 150years is said to summon Nana Benya, the god of the lagoon as a protector of the state, and various ancestors for bumper harvests during the farming and fishing seasons.
This year’s celebration is on the theme: ‘Eat made in Ghana, wear made in Ghana.’
- MP for Kumawu, Philip Basoah is dead
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- ‘Why approve the man who caused me such pain?’ Sam George questions Minority MP colleagues
- Sights and sounds: Akufo-Addo hosts Kamala Harris at banquet
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Black Stars: 5 things we learned from the two games against Angola
- Treason trial: Court demands death certificate of Dr Mac-Palm
- ‘It was too big a risk to start him’- Hughton on Thomas Partey against Angola
- Playback: Kamala Harris addressed Ghanaians from Black Star Square
- ECG disconnects 3 blocks at Osu Police Barracks over power theft
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- Drug addiction is a spiritual thing – Noah King
- USA’s second gentleman plays basketball at Bukom
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Ghana Institution of Engineering opens 53rd Conference in Takoradi
- Shop owners at Kejetia Market protest closure
- Sarkodie takes daughter Titi on an adventure
- 8 die on River Oti due to capsized boat
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Afriyie Barnieh, Issahaku and Nuamah start for Black Meteors against Algeria
- Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor eulogises late Kumawu MP, Philip Basoah
- Build partnerships to increase digital inclusion – Kamala Harris
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Together we will address the challenges we face – Kamala Harris on partnership with Africa
- Falling oil price only explanation for low fuel prices