Channel Manager of JoyNews, Kwaku Owusu Peprah has paid tribute to the late General Manager of Joy Brands at the Multimedia Group, Elvis Kwashie.
His tribute was at the remembrance service held at the forecourt of Joy FM on Wednesday where colleagues, family and friends convened to share fond memories of the seasoned media practitioner.
In a heartfelt and emotional tribute, Kwaku Owusu Peprah described Elvis Kwashie as an affable man who provided wisdom and guidance to his subordinates.
Mr. Peprah stated that, “Elvis visited heaven last week. He made a decision to stay there, never to return to the realms of Mortals again.”
“Elvis I know you can hear and see us gathered today. Well that decision is the purpose of this meeting. Cynthia, and your lovely children are traumatised in grief. KT your boss and Godfather has been pierced with a sharp spear. Edem Knight Tay and Emily are shattered. Prince Tsegah, Fiifi Koomson, Odelia, Gary Al Smith and Kwaku Fresh all the members of the team are at the crossroads, wishing the thought of your departure away, hoping to wake up from this nightmare. But those words you said to most of us were indeed your last.,” he said sorrowfully.
“Elvis, your picture is on the wall today. Incidentally where your head is, is your office. The place we came for wisdom and guidance. Where you told us we would miss you. You took a bow when the applause was loudest, owing to your own words, ‘maybe it’s time to quit,” the JoyNews Channel Manager said with tearful eyes.
Prominent personalities such as the CEO of the Multimedia Group, Kwasi Twum, Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, President of the Ghana Journalists Association (GJA) Roland Affail Monney, among others, were present at the remembrance service.
About Elvis Kwashie
Elvis Kwashie was a seasoned professional with more than two decades of experience in media and communications, spanning print, online, radio and television.
Before rejoining the Group in 2010 as News Editor, Elvis worked with Metropolitan Life Insurance Ghana as the Head of Corporate Marketing & Communications.
Before that, he worked mainly as a journalist with the Multimedia Group Limited, Network Herald and Groove FM.
He had rich experience in recruiting, grooming, coaching and supervising reporters and correspondents across the country. Under his strong leadership, JoyNews has won more than 100 awards in the last 10 years, including two CNN African Journalist of the Year awards.
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Football transfers: Kamaldeen Sulemana chooses Southampton over Everton
- Former UGSRC Veep vows to defeat John Dumelo in Ayawaso West NDC primaries
- 3 teacher unions call on GES to halt emergency transfers
- Classroom Mothers: Nursing mother, 17, returns to school after childbirth
- ‘Kwabena Awuku will explain why he slapped me one day’ – Kobby Kyei
- Government starts construction of hostel facilities for head potters – Local Government Ministry
- The bizarre tale of Queen Victoria and the ‘stolen’ African boy prince
- Charity Yayra Adzam aka Lindavis
- NHIS medicines and service tariffs upwardly adjusted
- PayPal cuts 2,000 jobs as global economy weakens
- Daddy Lumba inspired me as a young producer – Appietus
- DDEP: Labour unions will meet to ‘advise ourselves’ – Angel Carbonu on pensions
- Ridge City signs agreement with Everton to become partner club
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Will Smith and Martin Lawrence returning for fourth ‘Bad Boys’ movie
- Domelevo yet to receive emoluments nearly 3 years after being ‘forced out’
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- Hubtel wins big at Ghana Fintech Awards 2022