Sixty-three-year-old veteran actor Kuntu Blankson has allegedly committed suicide Thursday morning at his Brafoyaw residence near Cape Coast in the Central Region.
Mr Blankson who featured in the popular Akan Drama series in the late 1990s was found hanging on a rope at his kitchen.
According to family sources, he woke up at dawn and was thought to be embarking on his usual jogging exercises, only for him to be found dead wearing the tracksuit he wears for his jogging exercises.
The family has expressed shock at the incident, and explained that Mr Blankson neither complained of any problem nor showed signs that he was worried.
Personnel from the Criminal Investigations Department of the Police Service have since begun investigations and conveyed the body to the morgue for autopsy.
He is survived by a wife and three children.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters