Sixty-three-year-old veteran actor Kuntu Blankson has allegedly committed suicide Thursday morning at his Brafoyaw residence near Cape Coast in the Central Region.
Mr Blankson who featured in the popular Akan Drama series in the late 1990s was found hanging on a rope at his kitchen.
According to family sources, he woke up at dawn and was thought to be embarking on his usual jogging exercises, only for him to be found dead wearing the tracksuit he wears for his jogging exercises.
The family has expressed shock at the incident, and explained that Mr Blankson neither complained of any problem nor showed signs that he was worried.
Personnel from the Criminal Investigations Department of the Police Service have since begun investigations and conveyed the body to the morgue for autopsy.
He is survived by a wife and three children.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway
- Video: Captain Planet hints of 4x4 comeback
- Video: The best way to deal with trolls is to block them – Captain Planet
- Video: Angelique Kidjo’s powerful performance at WWI armistice centennial
- Videos/Photos: Mammoth crowd, epic performance at Hitz FM SOLO with Kwesi Arthur
- We’re not exploiting our children – Okyeame Kwame’s wife
- Medikal finally confirms breakup with Sister Debbie
- Videos/Photos: Joy FM Corporate Jam; the party of the season!
- Olamide showed me more love than any Ghanaian artiste – E.L
- Video: Nana Tuffour reveals what Kidi, Kuami Eugene, King Promise are getting wrong
- Video: I’m not a virgin but I’ve never had a girlfriend – Kwesi Arthur