Kofi Dadzie, a farmer and an epileptic patient, who accused and attacked another epileptic patient of being the cause of his (Dadzie) ailment, has been remanded by the Akim Swedru circuit court in the Eastern Region.
Dadzie, 29, pleaded guilty to intentionally causing unlawful harm and was remanded in prison custody until April 22, 2009.
Briefing the court presided by Mr Kofi Akrowiah, the prosecutor, Chief Inspector Ben Osei Kodwo said, both Dadzie and the complainant Kojo Ntow live at Kwame Kyere village near Akim Adubease and that the two persons are epileptic patients.
He said Dadzie accused his mother and Ntow of being responsible for his ailment adding that on April 4, 2009 this year at about 0100 hour, the accused attacked the complainant while asleep.
The prosecutor said the accused pounced on the complainant, slapped him several times and finally hit him with a kitchen stool.
He said as a result, Ntow sustained various decrees of injury and he was rushed to the Oda Government Hospital where he was admitted.
A report was made to the police later and Dadzie was arrested.
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Travellers complain of rampant robbery at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- 9 Nigerians arrested for illegally entering Ghana after crossing Volta River
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- 36th ICAG Graduation Ceremony; female UCC alumni crowned overall best candidate
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
Thousands of Covid vaccines expire in South Sudan
Today’s front pages: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Quality healthcare at Upper West Regional Hospital impeded over lack of food supply
‘NDC not at crossroads but we are at a point where the roads are likely to cross’ – Kunbuor
John Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
‘Let’s not lose our guard on Covid-19’ – NCCE cautions public
NDC party was formed to give voice to the voiceless-Antwi Boasiako
JoyBusiness’ MoneyLab educates on steps to follow to avoid fraud
Ghana claims 88 percent of 2020 WASSCE 8As
We want to model Ghanaian youth to become good citizens – ISGF Africa Chairman
Court reveals 13 factors behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
Message from the Morning Man: Sandbags
Forum held at Tema meant to reaffirm cadres group as major organ in NDC – Ben Ephson
Kwasi Korang: NPP leadership should be bold and stop the Bawumia camp from campaigning
Bawumia is a gem – Ama Busia