Audio By Carbonatix
Evo Morales, the former Bolivian president, said on Sunday a car he was travelling in had been shot at in what he condemned as an attempt on his life.
A video he posted to social media appeared to show at least two bullet holes in the windscreen of a car in the front seat of which Morales was sitting.
In a statement, Morales's Movement for Socialism (Mas) party said men in black had fired on the vehicle when it passed by a military barracks. The party said it held President Luis Arce's government responsible.
Arce condemned violence in politics and pledged an investigation.

Both men belong to the governing Mas party. But they have fallen out and their relations have become even more acrimonious since both announced their intention to run as the Mas party's candidate in the 2025 presidential election.
Morales alleged the attack was "a joint operation between military and police forces". He added that a bullet had missed him by "centimetres" and that the driver of the car had been injured.
The attack occurred near the Bolivian Army’s Ninth Division base near Villa Tunari, in the centre of the country, Morales said.
A pro-Morales faction of the Mas party claimed the people behind the attack entered the military barracks before being evacuated by military helicopter.
"This is not an isolated event, it is clear evidence that we are facing a fascist government," the faction's statement said.
Morales, who was president from 2006 to 2019, is facing legal issues including investigations for alleged statutory rape and human trafficking, which he denies.
For weeks, his supporters have blocked key roads around the country and clashed with police.
Morales argues the accusations are part of a right-wing vendetta against him by the interim president who replaced him in office after his resignation in 2019 following allegations of vote-rigging.
Both he and Arce have groups of loyal supporters willing to take to the streets - and in some cases engage in street brawls - to show their backing for their candidate.
Latest Stories
-
15% of maternal mortality deaths in Kumasi are ‘imported’- Health Director
11 minutes -
Singapore police investigate assault on elderly man who patted child’s head
1 hour -
How Dapper forged my signature, sold my catalogue to foreign label – Shallipopi
4 hours -
Omotola’s heart of gold on display
4 hours -
Pope calls for an end to West Bank violence against Palestinians
4 hours -
Shipping slows through Strait of Hormuz after tanker attacks, data shows
5 hours -
Why I stopped trying to quit smoking – Omah Lay
5 hours -
‘What if sharks swallow you’ – Teni warns Burna Boy over ocean stunt
5 hours -
What’s driving men to get penis fillers, despite the risks?
5 hours -
Ngah brace fires Cameroon to historic first WAFCON crown with dominant Malawi victory
5 hours -
Ariana Grande leaves problems at home as her tour hits the UK
5 hours -
‘Ghana was the crime scene’ – the country leading the demand for slavery reparations
6 hours -
Court dismisses Nana Kwame Bediako’s fresh bid to halt $14.9m judgment
6 hours -
Air India pilot’s reported cannabis test: What it can and can’t tell investigators
6 hours -
France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s
6 hours