Audio By Carbonatix
The family of the late Christopher Ahordo, a mobile money vendor, who was murdered in April 2025, has given the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) a 14-day ultimatum to ensure swift action on the case or face a peaceful occupation of the Ketu Divisional Police Command at Denu-Tokor.
The warning was issued at a press conference in Aflao, where family members and concerned residents expressed frustration over what they described as delays and a lack of progress in the investigation.
They said the situation had been worsened by reports that the prime suspect, Mr Ali Tahidu, had escaped from police custody at Adale, while other suspects linked to the case were allegedly granted bail under questionable circumstances.
The family noted that following the incident on April 28, 2025, they had expected a prompt, transparent, and professional investigation leading to the arrest and prosecution of all persons involved.
However, they said their confidence in the process had diminished due to what they described as negligence and lack of urgency in handling the case.
The family is therefore demanding the immediate re-arrest of the escaped suspect, intensified investigations, and full disclosure from the Ghana Police Service on the status of the case.
They also called for accountability for any officers whose actions or inactions may have contributed to the escape of the suspect.
The family stressed that their actions were not intended to undermine the authority of the police but to seek justice for their deceased relative.
They appealed to the IGP, human rights organisations, civil society groups, traditional and religious leaders, as well as the international community, to take a keen interest in the matter to ensure justice is served.
Mr Edem Viglo, the Convenor of the press conference, told the Ghana News Agency (GNA) that although the family remained committed to lawful and peaceful means, they would be compelled to take further action if their concerns were not addressed within 14 days.
He said the proposed occupation of the Ketu Divisional Police Command would be a last resort to draw attention to their demands.
Mr Viglo noted that growing frustration among the youth in Aflao over the handling of the case could escalate if authorities failed to act promptly.
He, however, emphasised that the family did not support violence or lawlessness and was only seeking justice through appropriate channels.
The late Christopher Ahordo was described as a hardworking businessman whose death has left his family and the community in grief.
The family reiterated its resolve to pursue justice until all those responsible for the crime are apprehended and prosecuted.
Latest Stories
-
Pope calls for an end to West Bank violence against Palestinians
3 hours -
Shipping slows through Strait of Hormuz after tanker attacks, data shows
3 hours -
Why I stopped trying to quit smoking – Omah Lay
3 hours -
‘What if sharks swallow you’ – Teni warns Burna Boy over ocean stunt
4 hours -
What’s driving men to get penis fillers, despite the risks?
4 hours -
Ngah brace fires Cameroon to historic first WAFCON crown with dominant Malawi victory
4 hours -
Ariana Grande leaves problems at home as her tour hits the UK
4 hours -
‘Ghana was the crime scene’ – the country leading the demand for slavery reparations
4 hours -
Court dismisses Nana Kwame Bediako’s fresh bid to halt $14.9m judgment
4 hours -
Air India pilot’s reported cannabis test: What it can and can’t tell investigators
4 hours -
France’s top court blocks social media ban for under-15s
5 hours -
Fery wins on return as Djokovic reveals health condition after loss
5 hours -
‘Probably my last year’ – Ronaldo hints at retirement
5 hours -
Arsenal cruise to Community Shield win against disappointing Man City
5 hours -
Barcelona agree £65m deal to sign Rodri from Man City
5 hours