An elderly man and his daughter died on the spot after the Mercedes Benz salon car they were travelling in collided with a Tipper truck on the outskirts of Onwe on the Ejisu-Kuntenase road.
Kwame Mensah, 80, and Sarfo Emmanuella, 23, paid the ultimate price during the accident.
Two other victims, including a pastor with the Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Pastor Obeng who was driving, sustained severe injuries and are in critical condition at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
The accident occurred on Monday, January 31, at about 11:00am.
According to reports, the Mercedes Benz car with registration GW 7329-X, which had three other passengers onboard from the Onwe to Achina direction, veered off into the lane of an oncoming Tipper truck whilst negotiating a curve.
Police sources say the accident occurred less than two minutes after Pastor Obeng picked up Mr Mensah and his daughter.
The mangled Benz car and the Tipper truck have since been towed away.
The bodies of the deceased have been deposited at a nearby morgue.
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- After standoff and brief suspension, Parliament regroups to vote on new appointees
- Chris Hughton told me Baba Yara pitch is one of the best he’s seen – NSA Boss
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Black Meteors held to 1-1 draw in Algeria
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- Mbappe scores in France heavy win over Netherlands
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Ghana’s debt unchanged at ¢575.7bn – BoG
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- Speaker congratulates approved ministerial nominees
- Playback: One-on-one with Prof Ofori Birikorang on PM Express
- This Saturday on Newsfile