The President of the Film Producers Association of Ghana (FIPAG), has expressed interest in publishing the names of film producers who owe veteran actor, Kofi Adjorlolo.
In an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, James Aboagye said publishing the names will be in the right direction because it will maintain the dignity of FIPAG.
According to him, Mr Adjorlolo dented the image of film producers in the country after he failed to mention names of producers who owe him in an interview he granted Joy Prime‘s Ibrahim Ben-Bako.
There was drama at the press launch of Zion Train Productions’ movie ‘Heros of Africa (Tetteh Quarshie)’ when Mr Adjorlolo saw one of the producers and demanded he gets paid.
“Some of the producers in Ghana should respect themselves,” he told the host of Joy Prime’s ‘The Red Carpet’ show.
James Aboagye, FIPAG President
“All actors in Ghana know what I am talking about, producers don’t pay,” he added.
But reacting to this, the President of FIPAG said Mr Adjorlolo must apologise for making a generic statement against producers and again name those who owe him.
“He has given me two names so far and those producers are not even FIPAG members. We would issue a statement. We have to let people know,” he told Andy Dosty.
Mr Aboagye denied saying that Mr Adjorlolo would be used as a scapegoat for venting his spleen about producers in the public.
“If we say that then it means we have made him a target. All we are saying is that they have maligned the industry. If he fails to name them then he must apologise,” he noted.
- Bank worker arrested in connection with bank robbery in Accra – ACP Kwesi Ofori
- Police officer wakes up from 9 months coma to find he was sacked
- BOST has reduced trade liabilities from $624m to $39m – MD
- It’s time to start interrogating bank staff over some robberies – Kwesi Aning
- Police arrest one gang member connected with bank robberies in Accra
- Samson’s Take: Corruption and side-chicks law
- Cost of credit falls marginally, as average lending rate pegged at 20.51% – BoG
- Joyce Bawah Mogtari: Children becoming teenage mothers raising kids nothing to be proud of
- Reality Zone with Vicky Wireko: How safe is your food seasoning?
- Ghana to receive over 18 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines – GHS reveals
Effutu Assembly confirms Zubeiru Kasim as MCE
Man dies after building collapses on him while asleep
Nkawie MA Basic School benefits from National Volunteer Day activities
We’re working to pay CK Akonnor’s 7 months salary arrears – GFA
Playback: The Probe discusses Milovan Rajevac’s return to Black Stars
Police brutality: Don’t use current brouhaha over illegal connection as basis to stop paying bills – Tamale residents cautioned
Northern Regional Minister meets Tamale Chiefs to resolve impasse
Anthony Joshua ‘will bounce back’ and take rematch after Oleksandr Usyk defeat
Fati returns with goal as Barcelona win eases Koeman pressure
Arsenal beat rivals Tottenham with first-half blitz
Kwame Asiedu Sarpong: Pharmacy in Ghana: Evolving towards universal health coverage
Chief criticises GHS for ‘poor’ handling of scabies outbreak in North East Region
Encroachment on AGA’s Obuasi Mine concession worrying – Minister
Becoming an influencer: Video and photo content creation tools to get you on your way
Fuel shortage hits UK as long queues form at filling stations