The Christian Council of Ghana is calling on its member churches to mobilize the youth in their churches to go donate blood to the hospitals handling the fire and flood patients.
This follows an appeal by the health Minister for well-meaning Ghanaians to donate blood to victims of the two-day heavy rains which have left many injured and over 100 people dead.
According to the General Secretary of the Christian Council of Ghana, Rev. Dr. Opuni-Frimpong, they expect pastors and other church leaders to rally the youth in their churches to donate blood at the Korle-Bu teaching hospital, 37 Military hospitals and other facilities which are in need of blood to save lives.
He said: “We are pleading with our member churches in Greater Accra, Presby, Methodist, Anglican, Baptist, EP and other pastors to mobilize students and young people to get closer to Korle-Bu, 37Military Hospital and other hospitals that are responding to the crisis to donate blood”.
Rev. Opuni told Joy News “the churches must also provide emotional need to families and friends who have lost their relatives”.
Rev. Dr. Opuni-Frimpong is also urging the various political parties in the country to desist from using the situation to score political points.
He described the situation as “a real crisis. You look at the pictures and you realize the pain some people have gone through. We are praying with them”
He appealed to all to see the situation as a national crisis and respond to it accordingly.
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- We’re investigating Shatta Wale’s shooting claims – Police
- Funny Face arrested after threatening to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- I no longer use a mobile phone – Kwabena Kwabena
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
- Robbers made away with over ¢100k in alleged bullion van attack
- Akufo-Addo’s denial of promise to build harbour in Cape Coast is shocking – Abeiku Adams
- Man kills daughter, 16, after finding out she’s not his biological child
Volta will get its share of national cake when NDC comes to power – Mahama
Digital currency space needs to be explored with all seriousness – Julian Opuni
Man exhumes corpse at Awutu Ayiresu; claims ghost ordered him
What it means if your boyfriend has a lot of female friends
Team up and start early – KNUST lecturer guides students on how to raise capital for own businesses
Authorities heed calls to revive trading activities at Obuasi Kunka Market
Anbariya Sunni Muslim group presents memorandum in support of anti-LGBTQ bill
FESPACO 2021: African film lovers come together in Ouagadougou
ECG installs smart prepaid meters at Agbogbloshie market
CAGD backtracks on ‘No Ghana Card, No Salary’ directive to public sector workers
Samuel Dowuona: Extra spectrum; bridging data capacity gap in Digital Ghana
Salah is extraordinary, says Simeone as his Atletico side prepare for Liverpool
Photos: Tema Central sewerage system collapse exposes residents to health hazard
ECG to disconnect GBC, Kumasi International Airport over debt
NBA preview: All you need to know ahead of the 75th anniversary season