Ghana Athletics have inaugurated the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) for the Confederation of African Athletics (CAA) region two U-18 and U-20 Championships to be staged in Ghana.
The event which will be staged at the Cape Competition will have all 15 ECOWAS members in region two join Ghana for the championship slated for May 18, 2022.
The LOC will be chaired by former Greater Accra Mayor, Mohammed Adjei Sowah, with six others as members.
Mr Sowah noted that leading the team to organise the competition is a ‘national assignment’ but they are committed to hosting successful games.
“This is a duty call for a national assignment and as much as the time is short, experienced individuals were selected to steer the affairs of the games,” he said.
“We want to assure that we will put our best foot forward in terms of organizing, participation, officiating and delivery,” Sowah stated.
Ghana last hosted the competition in 2018 which had all events participating.
The event will end on May 21.
The competition is expected to serve as a qualification series for the World Athletics U20 Championship to be hosted in Cali, Colombia later this year.
- Uneasy calm at WondaWorld Estates as wildlife officers move in to remove tigers
- Renowned American producer Timbaland reacts to Black Sherif’s Kwaku The Traveller
- Video of trainer playing with Cheddar’s tigers pops up
- 2 Nigerians arrested for attempting to kidnap a 5-year-old child
- Who is Kelvin Taylor? – Yvonne Nelson quizzes
- ‘My 2 tigers are to help boost tourism’ – Freedom Jacob Caesar
- Cheddar’s Tigers are well secured – Forestry Commission
- What the law says about keeping wild animals like tigers as pets in Ghana
- I took tramadol for confidence to approach my crush; I nearly died – 24-year-old man
- Ghana records $4.5bn remittances in 2021, places 2nd in Sub-Saharan Africa – World Bank
Ghana’s public debt hits ¢391bn as of quarter 1, 2022
Mariupol: Russia declares complete victory at Azovstal plant
Monkeypox: 80 cases confirmed in 11 countries, says WHO
Kwesi Arthur – the Akan rapper inspired by dreams
Nigeria’s facial scars: The last generation
‘Put our taxes to good use’ – Agbogbloshie traders urge AMA to desilt clogged drains
Deliver textbooks for basic schools before end of second semester – GNAT President tells goverment
Ministry of Education signs contract with Publishers Association to print textbooks for basic schools
Philip Kyeremanteng: Why Achimota Forest must be reserved
I went through proper procedures to acquire my tigers – Freedom Jacob Caesar
Tension simmers at UEW as Governing Council Chairman directs Registrar to proceed on leave
Nana Kojo Quaidoo: NPP internal elections – Akoto factor still gathering momentum in Upper East Region
U-17 WWCQ: Ghana beats Morocco 2-0 to claim first leg advantage
New Music: Kuami Eugene, Wendy Shay release new singles, Lojay features Chris Brown
Work to commence on Tumu-Han-Lawra Highway in June – UWR Minister