Ghana Athletics have inaugurated the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) for the Confederation of African Athletics (CAA) region two U-18 and U-20 Championships to be staged in Ghana.
The event which will be staged at the Cape Competition will have all 15 ECOWAS members in region two join Ghana for the championship slated for May 18, 2022.
The LOC will be chaired by former Greater Accra Mayor, Mohammed Adjei Sowah, with six others as members.
Mr Sowah noted that leading the team to organise the competition is a ‘national assignment’ but they are committed to hosting successful games.
“This is a duty call for a national assignment and as much as the time is short, experienced individuals were selected to steer the affairs of the games,” he said.
“We want to assure that we will put our best foot forward in terms of organizing, participation, officiating and delivery,” Sowah stated.
Ghana last hosted the competition in 2018 which had all events participating.
The event will end on May 21.
The competition is expected to serve as a qualification series for the World Athletics U20 Championship to be hosted in Cali, Colombia later this year.
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert
- Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu’s lock of hair returned after 140 years in UK
- US senator Bob Menendez charged with bribery after wads of cash and gold bars found at home
- GPL 2023/24: Bofoakwa Tano score late to beat RTU at home
- Sudan war: Army chief Burhan claims he’s ready for peace talks
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest and OSP-Cecilia saga
- Former Bantama MP, Okyem Aboagye dead
- Mahama Ayariga condemns killing of 9 in highway ambush at Pusiga
- Inaki Williams scores and assists as Athletic Bilbao beat Alaves
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: BBC News journalist who was arrested by police speaks up
- Modern Floors products to be available in Northern Ghana soon – CEO