Audio By Carbonatix
Three former board members of Spanish second division club Osasuna have been arrested in an investigation into the destination of 2.4 million euros ($A3.4m) taken from the club's accounts, a court source confirmed on Thursday.
"This morning ex-president Miguel Archanco and former directors Angel Vizcay and Jesus Maria Peralta have been arrested," said a statement from the Navarran High Court of Justice.
All three are expected to have an initial hearing in front of a judge on Friday.
The court in Pamplona will also investigate a complaint made by the Spanish Professional League for misappropriation of funds and corruption in match-fixing allegations.
Last month the current Osasuna board announced that just over 2.4 million euros from the club's accounts couldn't be accounted for.
Archanco was in charge of the Navarran club from 2012 to 2014, but resigned after Osasuna were relegated last May after a 14-year stay in the top flight.
Spanish sports daily Marca reported last month that Spanish league officials were investigating four matches involving Osasuna towards the end of last season for alleged match-fixing.
Latest Stories
-
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
33 minutes -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
36 minutes -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
50 minutes -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
1 hour -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
1 hour -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
2 hours -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
2 hours -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
2 hours -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
2 hours -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
2 hours -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
2 hours -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
2 hours -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
2 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
2 hours -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
2 hours