Audio By Carbonatix
The eight female students who were dismissed from the Chiana Senior High School in the Upper East Region, for making derogatory comments about the president in a video, have been called back to school.
Management of the Ghana Education Service has directed the School's administration to call back the girls, following the intervention of the President last week.
The father of one of the girls has confirmed to JoyNews that her daughter is reporting back to school today after the school administration called to inform him that she could come back to school.
Last Thursday, the GES dismissed the eight students for insulting President Akufo-Addo.
Prior to the dismissal, the students had been on suspension.
The GES said its investigation into the incident confirmed that the students used unsavoury language against the President in a viral video.
It described the actions of the students as “very undesirable, and contrary to the acceptable standards of the conduct generally required of any student in Ghana’s educational system”.
President Akufo-Addo subsequently intervened.
Accordingly, the Minister for Education, Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum directed Ghana Education Service (GES) to revise its decision.
Latest Stories
-
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
24 minutes -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
1 hour -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
1 hour -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
1 hour -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
3 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
3 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
3 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
4 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
4 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
4 hours -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
4 hours -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
4 hours -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
4 hours -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
4 hours -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
4 hours