The Ghana Football Association is putting measures in place to end revenue losses to clubs due to indiscriminate printing of complimentary tickets.
The has be a worrying yet perennial problem of clashes between clubs and the National Sports Authority over disputed revenue at the gates.
Asempa Sports has learnt that Ghana’s football governing body, Ghana Football Association does not intend to continue the blame game and as a result has decided to engage representatives of home teams and the regional representatives of the National Sports Authority.
Apropos of the new arrangements, one representative of the home team and the National Sports Authority representative of the region will sign on all complimentary tickets before they are issued.
A source at the GFA says all complimentary tickets without the signatures of the two representatives will be deemed void.
The FA believes if this measure is properly implemented it could go a long way to deal with the problem.
In a related issue, a five member committee has been tasked to look for companies to print advance tickets for the upcoming premiership season. Tickets will be printed three or four days before match days if the idea of advance ticketing comes to fruition.
Members of the committee include Tony Baffoe (PLB Member), Hackman Aidoo (Accountant, Hearts of Oak), Jerry Asare (International Relations Officer, Kotoko), Group Captain Gyimah (Head of Security of National Sports Authority) and Lt. Gen. Nicholas Owusu (Head of Safety and Security, GFA).
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
We set out to protect lives and property – Ghana Police Service on arresting hooligans at match centres
Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
Super League won’t go ahead after English clubs withdraw
Super League: Liverpool owner John W Henry apologises to fans
GNAT asks government to release textbooks based on new curriculum for teachers and pupils
World reacts to death of Chad President Idriss Deby
Senyo Hosi: When shall we breathe?
Meet 2 life-changing health professionals in Northern Ghana
The beauty ideal fuelling an illicit drugs trade
Dental trauma: What to know and what to do
Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
Meet the midwife driving a ‘Wooden Door Ambulance’ to save lives
Egyptian railways boss sacked after deadly crash
Queen marks her 95th birthday today without Prince Philip
Stop conniving with Chinese to destroy rivers and water bodies – Sanitation Minister