The Ghana League Clubs Association has confirmed it will revert to the pre-season Top 4 tournament before the start of the season.
GHALCA introduced an eight-team tournament dubbed G8 competition last season but has decided to discontinue with that and revert to the old format- which used to be a prestigious tournament on the local calendar .
This means that Premier League champions Asante Kotoko, Ashanti Gold, Hearts of Oak and Medeama SC will compete in this year’s competition.
According to Alhaji Raji who is the chairman of the Ghana League Clubs Association, they are hopeful of a successful pre-season tournament.
“We have concluded that we will play Top 4 as against the G8 we played last year. The tournament will be played at the Accra, Kumasi, Obuasi and the Tarkwa Park.
We need to heighten the enthusiasm to make this year’s competition extraordinary”, he stated.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- GGBL’s Johnnie Walker headlines 2022 Emy Awards
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- GSE is worst performing stock market in Africa; suffers from cedi depreciation
- 18 maternal mothers detained at the Eastern Regional Hospital rescued by Kabaka Foundation
- Torrential rains likely to cut-off Sunyani-Techiman highway
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria