Audio By Carbonatix
Kwesi Appiah explains that his called up players for the pre-Africa Cup of Nations camp are about the best the country can put forward.
The Ghana coach on Thursday announced a 26-man provisional squad that will travel to Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates from January 7-16 for preparations.
Though the squad is without some players who had been integral part of the Black Stars in recent times, Appiah says he knows what the selected players are capable of.
The squad will be pruned to 23 before the Nations Cup kicks off in South Africa on 19 January.
“All the players I have selected, I have absolute confidence in them,” Appiah said at the press briefing on Thursday.
“I have given a lot of players the opportunity but for now I think these are the players I need to be successful at the Nations Cup.”
Ghana are paired with DR Congo, Mali and Niger in Group B at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Luv FM High School Debate: KNUST, St. Louis strike gold as quarter-finals dreams come alive
20 minutes -
Banks’ pre-tax profit jumps 40% to GH¢23bn
20 minutes -
Luv FM High School Debate: Anticipation builds as schools battle for supremacy in Round of 16
46 minutes -
Banking sector deposits jump 25% to GH¢334.3bn in 2025 — PwC
1 hour -
Hostel Owners Association bares teeth over legality of rent control campaign against exorbitant fees
1 hour -
GCB overtakes Ecobank as Ghana’s largest deposit-taking bank
1 hour -
Young Cocoa Farmers petition Mahama over funding, producer price and start date for new cocoa season
1 hour -
Ruha Benjamin challenges Africa to shape its own AI future
1 hour -
Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran deal
2 hours -
FIFA sacks senior executive who criticised Infantino, Sky News understands
2 hours -
Aksa saga: Don’t turn EOCO-OSP roles into turf war – Deputy AG
2 hours -
Abandoned Dome-Berekuso-Kitase road project should not become a waste of taxpayers’ money — chief warns
2 hours -
University of Gold Coast graduates urged to prove themselves beyond certificates
2 hours -
GoldBod sets new X-Ray Fluorescence standard for gold purity testing from September 1
2 hours -
Why EOCO, not OSP, is leading AKSA bribery probe – Deputy AG explains
2 hours