Ghana’s u24 team completed their Asian tour with a 2-1 defeat against their South Korean counterparts in Jeju.
Ghana had already lost 4-1 to South Korea three days ago and had the opportunity to make amends.
The South Koreans had to wait longer this time to break the deadlock through Jeong Woo-Yeong, who was at the right place to slot a rebound into the net with three minutes to half-time.
The Black Meteors started the second half on a more positive note and equalised through Joselpho Barnes.
The winger had an easy task of putting the ball in an empty net after some enterprising play by Osman Bukari.
South Korea woke up after conceding and restored their lead through a neat finish from Lee Dong-Jun.
The South Koreans had several half chances but failed to convert.
With four minutes of added time left to play, Jonah Attuquaye was shown a second yellow card as Ghana ended the game with 10 men.
The result means Ghana end their Asian tour with four defeats.
Paa Kwasi Fabin’s men scored two goals in four games whilst conceding 15 against Japan and South Korea.
Ghana U24 Asian tour results:
• Japan U24 6-0 Ghana U24
• Japan U24 4-0 Ghana U24
• S. Korea U24 3-1 Ghana U24
• S. Korea U24 2-1 Ghana U24
- Saglemi Scandal: How the same consultancy service was allegedly awarded 3 times for $13m
- Saglemi scandal: Funds were not directly given to me, they were spent by Finance Ministry – Collins Dauda
- Alleged $5m CJ bribe: Ogyeedom’s lawyer drags GLC to Court
- Police Constable allegedly murdered in cold blood by boyfriend in Damongo
- University of Ghana students bear brunt as UTAG strike kicks in
- Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Ghana treading on slippery slope, I doubt Akufo-Addo will assent to it – H. Kwasi Prempeh
- ECG on warpath with GRIDCo over its decision to sell power for industrial use
- Actor, Jay Pickett dies on set
- Toyota Ghana’s Automark to address market demand for used cars
- Joe Quayson appeals annulment of 2020 Assin North parliamentary election
Stay off romantic relationships in school – Education Director warns teachers, students
Let’s unite to develop Muslim communities – Ghana Muslim Mission
When you do something, let society know -Environment Minister admonishes scientists
BoG expands list of institutions to participate in Credit Reporting System
14-year-old boy impregnates roommate, 16
Kofi Amoabeng, others build police checkpoint post at Akyem-Tafo to check robberies
Investments Company sued over failure to pay legal fees
GHACEM Cement Foundation hits 600k bags of free cement donations
From selling charcoal to serving in the air force
NGO donates learning materials to deprived island school in Volta Region
Today’s frontpages: Tuesday, August 3, 2021
Ghana, others to benefit from $650bn fund from IMF to fight Covid-19 pandemic impact
Supreme Court orders Yaw Boakye to pay $2.5m to Edward Osei Boakye Trust Fund for unpaid rent
Expedite investigations into killing of my husband – Widow of murdered man at Denkyira Kyekyewere
Ghana’s Covid-19 active cases now 5,928