Ghana have secured qualification to this year’s FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup after a 19-0 aggregate victory over Djibouti in the second round of African zone qualifying on Sunday.
Ghana had all but secured their qualification heading into the second leg after a 9-0 first-leg victory, and they were able to better that performance by one goal and stroll to qualification for Uruguay 2018.
Congratulations to the Black Maidens for making it to the 2018 FIFA U17 Women”™s World Cup in Uruguay. Our girls have made us super proud pic.twitter.com/jk1iQrSgvq
— Ghana Football Association (@ghanafaofficial) February 18, 2018
Congratulations to Ghana after winning their way to #U17WWC Uruguay 2018!
— #FIFAWWC ðŸ‡«ðŸ‡· (@FIFAWWC) February 18, 2018
The result ensures Ghana’s sixth straight qualification for a U-17 Women’s World Cup, with the team having first appeared in the competition at Canada 2008. They join hosts Uruguay, New Zealand from Oceania, and Asian qualifiers Japan, Korea DPR, and the Korea Republic at this year’s global finals.
The FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Uruguay 2018 will be held from 13 November to 1 December across three host cities: Colonia del Sacramento, Maldonado and Montevideo.
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- NSMQ 2021: 3-man Sandema SHTS team without supporters, books place in final U/E qualifiers
- #FixTheCountry: Convenors of protest disappointed in Supreme Court over hearing scheduled for June
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
- Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
- 20 arrested in Atewa forest aren’t national security operatives – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
Vehicle towing cost to be borne by insurance industry – NIC Commissioner
#FixTheCountry campaigners are being prevented from crying after they’ve been punched in the gut – Kwakye Ofosu
May 9 stadium disaster: Persons With Disabilities join in 20th anniversary celebration
#FixTheCountry: Injunction obtained by police was in order – Attorney General
Asantehene marks 71st birthday with May 9 remembrance
Some of the taxes imposed on citizens are a nuisance – Kofi Bentil
Pastor Allen Caiquo releases ‘Finally’ ahead of ‘Priest & King’ EP
#FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
Blaq Jerzee recruits Marioo, Eddy Kenzo on ’Sokoma’ track
13 types of guys who stay single and don’t ever find lasting love
Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
Neymar signs new Paris St-Germain contract
National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil