Audio By Carbonatix
Government has confirmed that eight Ghanaian nationals have been killed following a terrorist attack in Titao, in the northern province of Burkina Faso.
In a press release issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the government said the deadly jihadist assault, which occurred on February 14, 2026, initially claimed the lives of seven members of the Ghana National Tomatoes Traders and Transporters Association who were engaged in lawful trading activities in the area.
However, the death toll has now risen to eight after one of the four injured survivors, who had been receiving medical treatment, succumbed to injuries.
"The Government of the Republic of Ghana regrets to inform that the recent jihadist attack of 14th February, 2026 in Titao, in the northern province of Burkina Faso has now claimed eight Ghanaian lives," the statement noted.
President John Dramani Mahama and the Government of Ghana expressed profound condolences to the bereaved families and loved ones of the deceased.
“The Government of Ghana strongly condemns this mindless act of terror and expresses its solidarity with the Government and people of Burkina Faso in this dark hour.
"This despicable horror must remind us of the urgent need for a new collective approach in pursuing regional security as Ghana has consistently called for, and which we reiterated at last month’s High-Level Consultative Conference on Regional Cooperation and Security hosted by President John Mahama,” the statement said.


Latest Stories
-
Black Sherif takes victory lap to Telecel Ghana HQ after 27th TGMA sweep
4 minutes -
Build inclusion into core of workplace culture – Telecel Ghana HR Director
9 minutes -
The youth are drowning – Vivies Dance and Theatre Academy sparks national conversation on addiction
14 minutes -
Bank of Ghana revoked GN Savings & Loans licence solely on insolvency grounds, not other alleged breaches — Lawyer for GN reveals
18 minutes -
Justice for Sale: How Ghana’s laws protect the powerful and punish the poor
23 minutes -
I wish some Ghanaians in US would go to school and improve themselves – Ambassador Smith
24 minutes -
2026 World Cup: Ghana’s Ambassador to US dismisses reports that only 3 out of 150 supporters secured visa
26 minutes -
Afoko calls for research-driven strategy to rebuild NPP ahead of 2028 elections
38 minutes -
Guinness Ghana Annual Golf Championship set for May 30 at Achimota Golf ClubÂ
49 minutes -
Ghana to announce World Cup squad on June 1 – Kurt Okraku
2 hours -
Livestream: Newsfile dicusses attack on free speech and return of GN Bank
2 hours -
Panic in Sunyani: Chiefs to perform rituals after mystery deaths of two successive headteachers
4 hours -
The party has lost ground – Paul Afoko breaks long silence to launch NPP comeback
4 hours -
“It is worrying” – Prof. Akosa sounds alarm over failing medical ethics
5 hours -
World Cup reality check: Mexico beat fringe Black Stars 2-0 in Puebla friendly
5 hours